September 28, 2018
Upcoming Key Dates
October 3: Roller Skating Party @ 6pm Skatin' Station
October 5: 5th Annual Dragon Derby
October 9: Credit Union Deposit Day
October 10: National Walk/Ride Your Bike to School Day
October 13: Night for Northville (*see flyer below*)
October 16: School Board Candidate Forum @ 7pm Hillside Middle School
October 19: Fall Festival
October 25: Dads Dine and Dash
** Changes to Lunch Menus **
And here's the link to print out the lunch menu for October.http://www.northvilleschools.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=350830&type=d&pREC_ID=761214
Paper PTA Membership forms went home this week. If you have already joined online at MemberHub, thank you! If not, the DUE DATE is SEPTEMBER 28th to receive a directory with your paid PTA membership.
Please send your envelopes back to your teacher or drop off in the office. If you didn't get an envelope home, a copy of the form is attached and can also be found in the office. Complete the form along with check or cash and return asap. Credit card payments are online only at MemberHub. There is no deadline for membership, we can only guarantee a copy of the directory if you join now.
PTA Student Directory
You will need to log into MemberHub to see how your information will be printed. Please make any changes or updates to your profile. THIS IS WHAT WILL PRINT IN THE DIRECTORY. If you DO NOT wish to have your information (or certain information) printed in the directory, contact Allison Dowling firstname.lastname@example.org , also any changes from last year that were printed incorrectly.
National Walk and Ride your Bike to School Day is coming!
Winchester is participating in National Walk and Ride your Bike to School Day. This event takes place on Wednesday, October 10. Ms. Haite, Mrs. Counts and Mrs. Lindsay will be outside in the morning to greet students who are walking or riding their bikes. We will pass out a special Winchester Winner to those students who participate. Students will write their name on this special Winchester Winner and turn it into the school office. We will have a drawing and 10 students will earn free play time in the gymnasium during lunch/recess one day! We hope you will join this great celebration of health!
As a reminder, the student handbook requires all students riding their bikes to wear a helmet.
Spirit Wear Sale
Order and pay online by October 21st at https://winchesterfall18.itemorder.com. Items will arrive towards the end of November. These items also make great Christmas gifts too!
Victorian Clothing Exchange
Don’t let your Victorian clothes take up valuable space in your closet – donate them for future use. You can place children’s and adult clothing in the blue bin in the main lobby within the next two weeks. We’ll store them over the winter and make available to the 2nd graders for their spring field trip. We are also looking for a 2nd grade parent to coordinate the clothing display at that time. If interested, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for supporting Winchester’s Victorian Clothing Exchange Program!
PTA Invest In Your Child
Welcome Back Families!
Our Winchester PTA coordinates student enrichment activities and social events that enhance our students' school life and bring the Winchester community together. We run on the volunteer energy of our parents, and we would love to have you join us. To save some paper, no envelopes will be sent home at this time. Instead, join online and make your donations to Invest in Your Child: winchesterpta.memberhub.store
Your donations through the Invest in Your Child Fundraiser provides support to more than 30 programs/events at Winchester.
PTA meetings are held throughout the school year on Wednesdays, either AM or PM, to accommodate the parent community. Our next meeting is: November 7th @ 7:00 pm
To pay your 2018-19 PTA Membership and donate to Invest in Your Child, please visit: https://winchesterpta.memberhub.store/
Parents At Lunch (PALS)
Please consider spending some time during lunchtime assisting the lunch staff! New this school year, you can sign up just for your child/children’s lunch period if that works better than signing up for the whole lunchtime.
Help Keep our Students Safe during Drop Off and Pick Up
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP OF CHILDREN
In order to make the drop off and pick-up of children by car as safe as possible for our students, we ask that you follow these procedures:
Please do not drop your child off before 8:35 a.m. The first bell rings at 8:41 a.m.
Bus – For those eligible, riding a NPS bus is the most convenient and safest transportation option.
Drop Off Procedures:
- During arrival, please be sure to stay in the right hand lane and pull your vehicle all the way up in the “red zone.”
- Please do not maneuver between lanes as this creates a safety concern.
- When all the cars have pulled forward and stopped, please have your child prepared to exit your car with all of their belongings.
- Try to get your goodbye hugs and kisses in at home.
- ALL students should be dropped off at the same time. Please do not stop and drop each of your children off at a specific door.
- Students should be prepared to walk to their designated arrival location using the sidewalk in front of the school.
Please stay in your car at all times in the DROP-OFF ZONE.
Pick Up Procedures:
- Kindergarten parents are asked to park in the parking lot and walk up to the building to pick up your child from the teacher unless arrangements have been made to pick them up in the pick-up zone.
- If you are leaving your vehicle you must park in the parking lot.
- Our dismissal begins promptly at 3:45. In order for you to be in our MOVING carpool line and not in a stagnant line, please arrive no sooner than 3:45.
- Please stay in the right hand lane and pull all the way up in the “red zone” or Pick-Up Zone.
- The carpool lane will be released first.
For the Safety of our students, please remember to:
- Refrain from using your cell phone during Drop off and Pick up
- Use the cross walk at the main entrance when crossing.
- Turn left out of the parking lot.
- Save the handicapped spots for those who need them.