November Weekly Update
Week of Sunday, November 12th to Saturday, November 18th
What's Happening This Week:
Sunday, 12/3: First Sunday of Advent
Tuesday, 12/5 and
Wednesday, 12/6: Christmas Boutique
Wednesday, 12/6: The Feast of St. Nicholas
No After Care
Thursday, 12/7: No School
Friday, 12/8: Feast of the Immaculate Conception, No School
Sunday, 12/10: Second Sunday of Advent, 7th Grade Family Led Mass, 5:00pm
Tree Lighting, Refreshments, and Santa after 5:00 Mass in the lower church
Value of the Month
“As each one has received a gift,
use it to serve one another as good stewards
Of God’s varied grace.”
1 Peter 4:10
Week of December 3, 2023
Happy Sunday to you!
I would like to thank my teachers and aides for putting together beautiful classrooms for our little ones in such a short amount of time. Our students are all smiles and happy to be back in the building. I realize it posed as an inconvenience regarding keeping our students home for those two days. I do not take that lightly. Guidance that I receive from the Archdiocese is what I must follow. As well, decisions regarding entry and dismissal are made for a variety of reasons. None of these decisions are made to inconvenience anyone. Please understand they are made because that is what works best for the current situation. Many of you have offered assistance to us and I want you to know that I am most grateful. As always, I will keep you posted with any updates that need to be shared.
The work that will begin next week dictates that we must remain home on Thursday, 12/7 and Friday, 12/8. I am resuming After Care on 12/4, however there cannot be After Care on Wednesday, 12/6. Please read below under Aftercare Corner for new procedures. A separate Bloomz message was sent earlier in the week. Thank you for your understanding as we work towards making our Early Childhood wing safe and brand new!
Parent/Teacher Conferences were on Monday. Thank you to all the parents who came to speak to your child's teacher. If you were not able to make it, please reach out to your child's teacher, especially if there are areas that need attention.
Friday, 12/15 will be our next Pizza Friday. Please read important information below under "Lunch Update" for procedures and guidelines.
Please see what fun we have planned for the week of the 18th below under the December calendar. More details will follow.
Please read through the "Reminders" section below.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation,
Michelle LaMassa - Principal
Follow ICS on...
Danny's Trees and Wreaths
Get your Christmas tree and wreath from Danny's Trees and Wreaths, located on our lower field. They always have beautiful trees! More information on the attached flyer.
1. IMPORTANT DATES 📆
Tuesday, 12/12: Christmas Pageant, 6:30pm
Wednesday, 12/13: Dress Down Day
Monday, 12/18: Christmas Accessory Day
Tuesday, 12/19: Christmas Pajama Day
Wednesday, 12/20: Ugly Sweater Day
Thursday, 12/21: Christmas Spirit Day - Red and Green Dress Down
Friday, 12/22: Advent Service, 9:30 am - All are welcome!
Christmas Dress Up
11:30 Dismissal - NO AFTER CARE
What's Going on in Our Classrooms?
Grade 5 Social Studies
Pear Deck Flashcard Factory - Colonization of the Americas
Reading and Writing Workshop
Ms. Pisarchik took our 7th Grade students to the Library this week :)
Pre-K and Kindergarten Classrooms
Take a look at some pictures of our temporary classrooms. Our teachers and aides did a phenomenal job!
- Early Release Form - This form was included in your packet. The office needs 24 hours notice for early release. We ask that you do all that you can to avoid picking up your child early. This form can be found on our website under Handbooks, Forms, and Policies. Please do not ignore the 24 hour notice. Thank you!
- Food sent to School - Please do not send food to school, such as McDonald's etc. This includes any type of Doordash and Grubhub. As well do not bring fast food to the office in their lunch bags. Lunch, for the time being, needs to be brought from home. If lunch needs to be dropped off it cannot be fast food or by a delivery service. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Parking - Parents, please do not park in any of the spots in the oval in front of the school. Those spots are for ICS and PREP office staff. Please utilize the spots in the main parking lot.
- Lateness - Please be mindful of lateness. 6 or more latenesses will result in a drop in Conduct grade on the report card.
- Bloomz - Please do not use Bloomz to send me messages. As you can imagine, I am inundated with Bloomz communication as I am on all teachers' lists. If you need to be in touch with me, please use email. I would hate to miss a message you sent me on Bloomz because I didn't see it. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Formality - Please be mindful that we are a bit more formal at ICS. When addressing teachers and staff, please use their correct title, such as Mr., Mrs. or Ms. Thank you for your cooperation.
Dear ICS Families,
Our next Pizza Friday will be December 15th. Moving forward, all you will need to do is send money to your child's teacher. Money is due Wednesday morning by 8:30am. There will be no more exceptions. The pizza order is called in to the pizzeria on Wednesday morning.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Exact change is a must. Money will be sent home if it is not exact.
- Money must be given to each homeroom teacher. Teachers will not be providing other homeroom teachers with money you send in for the family. This gets confusing. Exact change needs to be given to each homeroom teacher.
- Only cash will be accepted.
- The envelope needs your child's name with number of slices (2 is the maximum)
- $2 per slice.
- Please do not combine pizza money with payments for other activities.
Thank you for your support!
ICSFA - ICS Family Association
Please note the change in dates. The Christmas Boutique will take place 12/5 and 12/6.
ICS Birthday Shout Out!
Reminder: No After Care on 12/6 and 12/22.
After Care will resume this Monday, 12/4.
For the time being, when picking up your child from After Care, you are to ring the bell at the main entrance. A staff member will ask who you are picking up and another staff member will bring your child to the front door. They will have you sign your child out. Please be mindful that parents will not be entering the building and that children will be brought to you. If someone else is picking up your child, and is not on your emergency contact list, a note must be sent to school. They will need to show ID when picking up, no exceptions.
Attendance and Punctuality
Being on time, and being present in school makes a very big difference. Please make every effort to have your children in school on time. Being late not only disrupts your child's education, but also disrupts the class.
School policy states 6, or more latenesses in a quarter will result in a drop of one letter grade in Conduct on the report card.