The Patriot Press
September 10, 2021
Patriot Press Information
Sept. 20th...School Picture Day. Kelly Griffey will send a picture envelope home with each CCA student so that parents can purchase school photos if interested. All students will have their picture taken for the CCA yearbook, regardless of purchase.
Admin Spotlight: Mrs. Hyke
Mrs. Hyke was brought to CCA by our Lord Jesus Christ. She is married to Nathan Hyke and together they have three children, Clara, Hadley and Mayme. She graduated from Lakeland High School. She furthered her education at Missouri State, Georgia Southern and the University of Central Missouri. Mrs. Hyke is the new High School Principal at CCA and she also teaches an 8th grade Earth Science class. She has been teaching for fifteen years total. Her favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 3:5-6 and she enjoys playing various sports with her family and friends during her spare time. We are so glad to have Mrs. Hyke & her kids at CCA...Welcome!
Chapel: September 10th
Our guest speaker this week was Jeff Sargent, the youth pastor from Northeast Baptist Church in Clinton, Mo. The main idea of this chapel was that God is always there for you, even when you are going through a rough patch. We looked at the book of Luke, Chapter 8. There was a demon possessed man running through the town. When he saw Jesus, he fell to his knees and begged Jesus to cast the demon out of him. Jesus did just that. When Jesus was leaving the town, the man wanted to go with Him, but Jesus told him to stay in the town, go back to his home and tell everyone what He had done for him. Thank you for speaking today!
On This Day in History: September 10th
- In 2000, the Space Shuttle Atlantis blasted off with five US astronauts and two Soviet cosmonauts on September 7th. On September 10th, it docked with the ISS for preparations for the first long-stay inhabitants, planning to arrive towards the beginning of November.
- In 1939, Canada declared war on Germany by joining England and France.
- In 1977, the last person was executed by guillotine.
- In 1608, John Smith was declared president of the first permanent English settlement in North America, Jamestown colony.
September Character Trait: Love
Isai, from the 2nd grade class said, "love means friendship". Brooklyn, from 6th grade, said that, love is being nice to each other and loving each other. Clara, from the freshman class said, "love means being kind and caring for others".
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind". Matthew 22:37
Box Tops for Education
Sporting Events for Sept. 10 through Sept. 17
All soccer & volleyball game times, addresses and events can be found online at www.clintonacademy.org9/10
- Varsity Soccer @ Home vs. Overland Christian at 5pm
- JH and Varsity Volleyball @ Home vs. Overland Christian and Show Me at 4:30pm
- JH and Varsity Volleyball @ Home vs. CPRS at 4:30pm
- Varsity Soccer @ Home vs. CPRS at 5pm
- JH Co-Ed Soccer @ Home vs. St. Paul at 5pm
- Varsity Volleyball @ Garden City at 5pm
- JH and Varsity Volleyball @ Heartland at 4:30pm
- Varsity Soccer @ Heartland at 5pm
- Varsity Soccer @ Applewood at 5:30pm
- JV Volleyball @ Applewood at 6pm
Volleyball on 9/4 and 9/9
On September 9th, JH and Varsity hosted Lake Christian from Lake of the Ozarks. JH took home a win in two sets by setting the ball up and communicating with each other. Varsity had good serves and sets, but were unable to defeat the Eagles.
Varsity Soccer vs. Heritage of Columbia
On September 9th, the varsity boy’s soccer team played Heritage of Columbia at home. The Patriots won the game 3 to 1. Jared scored all three goals. One of the goals was scored by a penalty kick, and the other two were scored off of beating his defender down the field. The varsity boys soccer team is now 3-1 on the season.