October 16, 2020
Goodyear & PTO Recognize Carole Torrice
Ms. Torrice was a longtime teacher at the Goodyear and remains a part of our school community as a volunteer and by supporting school events. She maintains a strong relationship with the Goodyear staff and we miss her visits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The recognition comes one year after the Goodyear dedicated its Professional Learning Center in memory of former Principal Edward Callahan. We are proud to honor those who have impacted the Goodyear and their families.
Last Call: WPS Annual Permissions & Handbook Sign Off
October is Bully Prevention Month
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not hold an all-school parade nor will there be food-based classroom parties.
All Massachusetts students are required to have a flu vaccine administered by December 31, 2020. Families must provide documentation of the administration of the vaccine to Nurse Doherty.
All grade four students must have documentation of their most recent physical exam on file with Nurse Doherty as well.
Student Photos Are Coming Soon!
Hybrid students will have their photos taken with their class during regular school hours. Virtual Academy students will have their photos taken between 1:15pm and 2:30pm on their assigned day (see schedule below).
Tuesday, November 10th:
- Cohort A
- Cohort C
- Virtual Academy families whose last name begins with A - L (from 1:15pm - 2:30pm)
Thursday, November 12th:
- Cohort B
- Virtual Academy families whose last name begins with M - Z (from 1:15pm - 2:30pm)
- Tuesday, October 20th - Remote ELPAC Meeting (6:30pm)
- Tuesday, November 3rd - No School (Election Day)
- Wednesday, November 4th - Change is Simple (remote learning)
- Wednesday, November 4th - Remote PTO meeting (7:00pm)
- Thursday, November 5th - Remote Elementary Family Conferences (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
- Tuesday, November 10th - Student Photos (Cohorts A & C / Virtual Academy A-L)
- Wednesday, November 11th - No School (Veterans Day)
- Thursday, November 12th - Student Photos (Cohort B / Virtual Academy M-Z)