Hak 3 Family Friday News
Highlights from the Week
Dear Parents and families,
It has been another great week in RM 414! All of the homecoming festivities have added to an exciting week. The parade was a blast today and the third graders had a rockin' cheer at the pep fest!
We continued our math and language routines this week. We added our spelling word work to our language practice. I will be teaching the students many ways to practice their spelling words, and then they will get more choice with their spelling homework.
Students have been doing a nice job recording their nightly reading minutes! I enjoy seeing what the students are reading and being able to check in with them on a daily basis. We added a reading log to your child's binder . When your child finishes a book at home, please have him or her add it to the log! Starting in October, we will have a monthly reading goal! Please continue to check your child’s binder and sign it each night.
Ask Your Child About:
- Making Connections to a feeling, character, picture, or the story
- Read to Someone Routines and Checking for Understanding
- Visualizations (Mind Movies) to help us with comprehension
- Our “Word Work” Routines – Spelling City, Hidden Words, Scoop-N-Spell, Spelling Derby
- Equivalent Names, Number Grids & Finding Differences, and Calculator Routines
- iPads- Nearpod, Math Slide, Math iXL, creating folders on the iPad
- Cursive and the Cursive app
- Theme of a story
- Science with Mrs. Johnson
- Social Studies - continents song
- Student Council – If your child is interested in representing our class on student council this year, they should have brought a form home to be signed. These should be returned by Wednesday, Sept. 30, and on that day, those students will give a short speech in our classroom. The students will then vote for two class representatives.
- Volunteers – If anyone else would like to help with globe-making on Friday, October 2, please join us at 10:15! Thank you to all those who have already committed! Please remember to sign-in in the office. Also, I will be sending the best times that work to volunteer in my classroom in my newsletter next week. You can then let me know if there is a day that works for you to volunteer. You can also always email me if a day becomes available, and you would like to come in and volunteer.
- No School - October 14, 15, 16
- Purple Health Form - If you still have not returned the purple health form, please send this in on Monday.