Who Likes To Eat?
Helpful tips on how to prepare the best protein dishes!
Meat choices could be:
- Pork Loin
- Prime Rib
When roasting a person should place the fat-side up on a roasting pan. Season the meat and then place in the oven for several hours. The food item should be checked with a thermometer to see if item is done. Check out the recipe and links below for some tasty roasting recipes.
Roasted Pork Loin with Potaotes and Herbs
Cook Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- 1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoon freeze-dried or fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:1. Rub pork loin with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, then sprinkle with salt and pepper; place pork loin in a shallow roasting pan. Roast at 325° for 50 to 55 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, peel and quarter potatoes; cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain, let cool, and place potatoes in a large bowl; toss with olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, chives, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Place potatoes around pork loin; roast an additional 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork registers at least 155° on a thermometer.
3. Cover roast pork loin with foil and let stand for about 15 minutes before slicing.
Serves 8 to 10.