Team News 3.1
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Week 9 of 2020. Hello Lent.
As I was thinking of what to say to you during this time and all the Lenten promises I already need to readjust, I couldn't help remember the reminder of self-care I sent you at the beginning of February. As we enter our last week before some time off, please remember the following pie chart diagram below (I added to it).
After is a great video reminder of our deserts of Lent from Matthew Kelly's Best Lent Ever series.
As an incredible team of givers rooted in Christ, what are you doing this Lenten season for self-care, self-reflection, and your spirituality? Here are a few pictures of what I did this weekend--climbed up scary rocks to offer up prayers for SMCS, our enrollment season, our community and everything in life that isn't school. What will you do? Be ready to discuss at our Team Meeting!
Also anyone want to take their class to Palo Duro Canyon next year? :)
Heading to the Desert
Taking time away to pray.
Conquering stuff I don't enjoy
I have to climb this rock and even more straight-up? Really? Why do people think this is fun?
Small victories every step of the way. Progress, not perfection. What are you doing this Lent to reflect?
Thinking Beyond Giving up Chocolate: 40 days in the Desert
Tuesday, March 17th, 3:45-5pm
515 North Street
- Securly--Computer Safety and Monitoring (Ms. Daigle)
- PTC Meeting Art Show (Mrs. Brooks and Annex Participants
- End of Year Awards Plan (ALL)--come ready to discuss schedule and what you want to do
- Fiesta Field Day Plan (Garcia)
- Talent Show Plan (Torres)
- Book Study (Chapter 2 and if you can, Chapter 3)
Reminders and Updates
- Check your email re: Hernandez Family.
- DUE TOMORROW March 2: Campus Assessment Feedback. EVERYONE needs to complete this. Put in my Inbox. I have received 1.
- No Official Team Meeting on Tuesday, March 3, full meeting moved to after break on Tuesday, March 17, we will though have a very QUICK, Staff Heads up Meeting--15 min---at 3:45 to 4PM on Tuesday, March 3 to discuss the support needed for the funeral on Thursday.
- Report Cards due Tuesday, March 17---ideally close out on Friday, March 6, give break to get make up work in or alternate assignment to fix grade and show mastery of concept, enter missing grades on Monday and Tuesday morning, and have all grades ready to go at end of day Tuesday, March 17.
- NEXT YEAR LETTER OF INTENT: I will have these in your inboxes by Tuesday and your pending ministry agreement to review. Your letter of intent to return or not return is due by Monday, March 16. The ministry agreement is a preview into salary and position pending no staffing changes---final agreement will be given once staffing is confirmed in late July/early August. If you have a hunch you will not be returning or you are looking for a change of position at SMCS, please get on my calendar ASAP before we leave for the break so we can find a time to discuss supporting you. I will include with your letter of intent pending school policy changes and requests for support with self-study leadership roles for accreditation.
NEW EVERY WEDNESDAY: 1PM to 1:45PM: Weekly Front Office Meeting
We will be discussing the Master Calendar each time at these meetings so ANYTHING--sports, events, parish participation, etc please get it to us!
Any info to submit, please email or discuss with Molly by 9AM on Wednesdays.
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Please remember to email your club students at least 24 hours in advance (if feasible) if you are going to be absent. If families need ASC due to club cancellation, we will not charge until 4:15PM.
- 3PM, Ms. Sheila out, Ms. Salazar to support ASC
- School Read in at 1PM. Report to gym. Just bring lots of books and lets joyfully read to together. Shout out to Mrs. Mechtel for organizing!!
- 3:45PM to 4PM--Quick Standing Meeting, ALL to attend, to discuss subbing and family support.
- 10AM, Ms. Salazar out for Funeral for a student at St. Mary Magdalen
- 7PM Rosary at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church for Cesar Hernandez
- 11AM Funeral Mass for Cesar Hernandez at Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, Ms. Salazar, Ms. Cortez, Miss Bazany, Mrs. Bazany and Ms. Mechtel to attend. Any others? Sub plan discuss together on Tuesday.
- 2:30PM Mrs. Fischer out, no sub needed.
- Mrs. Johnson, Ms. Julie to sub? To be confirmed.
If it's not on here, I overlooked your request or did not receive one. Please review carefully and let me know ASAP.
****Please remember to secure your OWN sub for any duties---lunch, morning, etc---that will be unstaffed due to your absence.*******
Rest of Year Mass Information
Mar 6 Middle School
March 20 Kinder/Middle School
March 27 Middle School
April 3 Pk3-4/Middle School
April 9 Middle School
April 17 *Holy Thursday 4th grade, Mass and Washing of the Hands
April 23 3rd grade (Fiesta Field Day )
May 1 Middle School
May 8 2nd grade
May 15 1st grade
May 21 Middle School
*The Ascension of Jesus
May 27 8th grade Graduation Mass
Jun 2 Administrators/Faculty/Staff, End of the School Year Mass
Jun 3: 8:15 AM, Staff Mass and End of year Blessing with Fr. Thumma
Friday School Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY OF THE MASS WEEK.
1) First Reader
2) Psalm Reader
3) Gift Bearers (3)
All School Sunday Mass Positions to Secure BY TUESDAY of the Mass Week. Email and confirm with Admin and Parents, Please!
1) First Reader
2) Second Reader
3) Gift Bearers (4)
4) Servers (2)--Secure with Mrs. Ortiz
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
You're Invited: 8th Grade Awards Night
Tuesday, May 26th, 6:30pm
St. Monica Cafeteria
All middle school teachers must attend. Electives if you want to add any awards, let me know!
You're Invited: 8th Grade Graduation Mass
Wednesday, May 27th, 8:15am
501 North Street
Middle School and electives teachers will join the 8th-grade families for breakfast reception after in the Parish Hall.
Save the Date: Teacher Work Days
Wednesday, June 3rd, 8:15am to Thursday, June 4th, 4pm
515 North Street
End of Year Brunch Together following.
11:30AM on June 3 to 4PM on June 4---closeout time for your classroom. May leave when check is signed by admin.
Handbook Reminder: Process for Requesting Time Off
Process for Requesting Time Off
1) At least 5 business days before absence AND before emailing or contacting colleagues, notify Principal and Vice-Principal via EMAIL or TEXT together. The principal will give approval or denial.
2) Immediately put approval in PAYLOCITY upon principal approval. If you do not have hours left, put it in as leave without pay.
3) THEN, contact all colleagues that will be affected by your absence and let them know you will be out.
4) At least 1 business day before your absence, check-in with administration to ensure sub-plan still holds.
5) At least 1 business day before your absence, remind your colleagues.
6) Upon return bring any doctors notes or jury summons, etc. to Rosa.
7) If you miss a meeting during your absence, connect with Admin or leader of the meeting to get materials needed.
***If you hear nothing anywhere in this process, follow up.
Policies to Remember from Team Handbook
Leave requests are approved on a first-come basis, therefore after 3 employees have requested leave for the day all other requests will be denied.
Black out dates: NOT available to request to leave
o Inservice/Professional Development days.
o Required Archdiocesan Events, including but not limited to, Convocation and the Assembly.
o The day before or after any school holiday.
o The first and last two weeks of the school year.
Personal leave, whether paid personal leave or leave without pay, must not exceed one week at a time.
Jury Duty Time required for jury duty is given with pay in addition to normal leave time. An employee is expected to work on days when the jury is not in session. No deductions will be made from the employee’s salary.
Bereavement Permanent employees will be granted up to three days paid leave off in the event of death in their immediate family. Immediate family is defined as an employee’s spouse, child, parent or sibling. Leave for part-time employees is proportionate to time worked. In the event of death in the employee’s family other than those listed above, the supervisor will use his/her sole discretion in granting leave.
Cheat Sheets for Parents and Students for Sunday Mass--Coming SOON!
2020 Duty Schedule
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.
SHOUT OUTS, Special KUDOS this Past Week
- I saw TONS. What did you see? Can you send me gratitude for your colleagues this week?
- SO MUCH MORE GRATITUDE---all the little things you do each minute that never go noticed publicly and keep us glued together and firmly rooted in CHRIST.
I NEED YOUR HELP! I don't see everything on campus. At least every other week, could you text me or email me or tell me in the hall, something awesome one our team members did? I'd like to make it public.