Updates and Reminders
January 14, 2020
A Few Highlights!
1. Extended Home Learning will continue through January 22.
Our schools will be closed on Monday, January 18 in recognition of Martin Luther King JR Day.
We are still planning to return to in person instruction on Monday, January 25. Please plan accordingly!
2. Please click on the following buttons for important information. We aim to keep you informed!
- "Teacher Tuesday" with Marlena Verhey, Cascade High School Special Education Teacher
- MCCSC Academic Achievement Data 2020
- 2021 Budget Order
- School Board Summary, January 13, 2020
- A Guide to School Closings and Delays
- Employment opportunities. Please consider serving our school district by joining our team as a substitute teacher or bus driver.
- Quick Links to Maintain Communication!
- Food Service Updates - FREE breakfast and lunch meals for ALL Students through June 30, 2021!
- 2020-21 Revised Academic Calendar
- 2021-22 Academic Calendar
3. We need all families to plan accordingly for alternate transportation should the necessity arise to cancel a bus route(s), etc. We thoroughly appreciate everyone's efforts to do their part. We aim to be properly staffed in all of our departments (certified staff, classified staff, maintenance, transportation, food service, and technology). We aim to return to in person instruction following any transition to Extended Home Learning!
4. Effective January 13, 2021, our school board meetings will begin at 6:00 pm. The meetings will be held in the cafeteria at Cascade Middle School, 6423 S. CR 200 W, Clayton, IN 46118. The monthly meetings will be held on the second Wednesday of each month.
The MCCSC Plan for COVID-19
The 2020-21 school year will be a series of ebb and flow. We aim to provide in person instruction, although certain factors may necessitate a change to Extended Home Learning for a period of time (i.e. staffing scarcity, executive orders, etc.). After each transition, we plan to return to in person instruction. The safety protocols in place in our schools (cleaning, hand sanitizing, social distancing, wearing a mask, contact tracing, staying home when ill, etc.) are effective. We must all do our part outside of our schools as well to assist in mitigating the spread!
Our Guiding Principles
- Adapting personal behaviors to ensure everyone's health.
- Respecting the necessity of some inconveniences and forego some favored activities.
- Demonstrating flexibility and resilience to adapt to the fluid situation.
Hendricks County moved to the Red designation level on December 9, 2020. Our medical officer has approved our plans to continue to offer in person instruction and continue to offer our extra-curricular activities. His approval is based on our continued safety measures (masks, social distancing, hand washing, hand sanitizing, contact tracing, cleaning & disinfecting, and staying home when symptomatic) and adjustments in spectator attendance at our extra-curricular events. The information button below provides details on Pre-K - 12 recommendations for each level of community spread.
Please click on the buttons below for our MCCSC Dashboard, Governor Holcomb's Executive Order December 31, Exposure guidance, and guidance on COVID-19 Screening. Be in the KNOW!
CHS "National Blue Ribbon School" and CMS "Schools to Watch"
Please click on the following links to enjoy some of the best aspects of Mill Creek Community School Corporation. We have successes galore and the pursuit of EXCELLENCE in all of our programs continues!
Thanks for all you do to provide support, insistence, and high expectations!
We are small schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES!
We are ...
- "A" rated school corporation
- "A" rated schools
- Four Star Schools
- eLearning School Corporation
- Riley Children's Foundation Miracle School Corporation
- Cascade High School - 2018 National Blue Ribbon School Recipient
- Cascade Middle School - 2020 Schools to Watch Recipient
Jim Diagostino, Ed.S.
Mill Creek Community School Corporation
Excellence in Achievement, Attitude, and Actions
Small Schools . . . BIG OPPORTUNITIES