KINDNESS Matters WEEK
Rippon celebrates KINDNESS MATTERS week: March 25-29
SCHOOL-WIDE activities include:
- SCA created posters and hung them in the hallways;
- Students and staff participate in spirit week;
- Morning announcements from the students with a "kind act" assignment and quote of the day;
- Teachers can incorporate kindness into their lessons for the week
KINDNESS MATTERS SPIRIT WEEK
MONDAY – Crazy for Kindness
Make your hair crazy! Wear crazy, mis-matched clothes, or crazy socks!
School Challenge: Start the day right by saying “Good Morning” to at least 15 people.
TUESDAY –Team Kindness
Wear sports attire to show you’re on the kindness team!
School Challenge: Be kind to your school – pick up any trash you find in the hallways
WEDNESDAY – Glow for Kindness
Dress up in bright, neon colors and sunglasses.
School Challenge: Make someone smile with a smile! Smile at 25 people today.
THURSDAY – Be Kind to Your School
Wear your Rippon Raiders gear!
School Challenge: Give a thoughtful compliment to at least 5 people.
FRIDAY – Dream of Kindness
School Challenge: Perform a random act of kindness today.
Ideas for incorporating Kindness Matters week into your classroom:
- Put a daily quote on the board
- Have students write thank you notes to members of the staff that have made a difference in their lives - post these in the hallways
- Ask students what they've done today to be kind
- Have students brainstorm Random Acts of Kindness they can carry out