Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights -- 8/25/22
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting on August 25, 2022. The Board swore into office new member Jaclyn Arce who will serve on the Board until the vacant term expires on December 31, 2022. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved with the exception of Personnel item #25 which was removed and replaced by Personnel item #30: Agenda & Addendum.
- The Board passed a resolution recognizing the partnership between the Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education and the Raritan Township Committee in support of ensuring school safety and security. The Board also approved agreements with Flemington Borough and Raritan Township for the 2022-2023 school year which provide a Class III Officer in each Flemington-Raritan Regional school building.
- The Board approved Jessica Braynor as Acting Principal of Robert Hunter School, now through December 31.
- The Board approved the 2022-2023 Code of Conduct, linked here. The Code of Conduct is now available on the Genesis Parent Portal.
- The Board approved the 2022-2023 Transportation Handbook, linked here.
- Audio recordings of meetings are available on our web site here.
Policy & Regulation Update
- P 2415.50 - Francis A. Desmares Title I – School Parent and Family Engagement (M)
- P 2415.51 - Robert Hunter Title I – School Parent and Family Engagement (M)
- P 5517 - School District Issued Student Identification Cards (M)
The Board presented the following new policies for a 2nd reading and adopted them:
- P 1648.15 - Recordkeeping for Healthcare Settings in School Buildings – COVID-19 (M)
- P 2416.01 - Postnatal Accommodations for Students
The Board adopted the following revised policies:
- P 1511 - Board of Education Website Accessibility (M)
- P 1648.11 - The Road Forward COVID-19 - Health and Safety (M)
- P 1648.11A - The Road Forward COVID-19 - Health and Safety (M) - Appendices
- P 2415.04 - Title 1 - District-Wide Parent and Family Engagement (M)
The Board abolished the following policy:
- P 1648.13 - School Employee Vaccination Requirements (M)
All Board-approved policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - 9/19/22
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity