Need Batteries? Use Fruits!
Science Fair Project
Fruits and veggies:
2 in. galvanized nail
2 in. copper nail
1. Prepare your fruit or veggie for the experiment by squeezing on all sides with your hands.
2. Insert your nails into the fruit or veggie, approximately 2 in. apart. The ends of the nails should be in the fruit, not touching.
3. Connect the "+" wire of the voltmeter to the galvanized nail and the "-" wire of the voltmeter to the copper nail.
4. Record the results.
5. Repeat with each fruit and veggie.
Questions I Would Like To Answer
1. What would make a better battery? A lemon, a potato, or an apple?
2. Where did I get my materials?
3. What did I learn?