Vol. 2 Edition 17
Welcome to Week 16
It's Book Fair Week!!!
- IMPORTANT MESSAGES
- Students & Staff of the Week!
- Coyote Calendar- Improv Troupe on Friday
- Assessment News: Final Exam Bell Schedule, Winter Retakes, QC's
- School News: Best Practices for Grading
- High School News: All-Star Game
- Middle School News: Winter Formal
- Actionable Items- Submit Student and Faculty Howlouts
- Calling all Coyotes- ABC Christmas Tree
- Coyote Resources-Request Resource Visits! Request use of SAC fund$.
- Parent Howler Hub & Coyote Voice
Congratulations to our Coyote Staff of the Week
Congratulations to our Coyote Students of the Week
Week 16: December 3-December 9- Book Fair Week!!
Monday December 3
Biology 1 EOC Make-Up
12:30pm- Marine Recruiter D Lunch
2pm- Robot C Club in 1-226
2pm- Crisis Training for New Staff Members in Cafeteria
8am-1pm- Blood Drive in Gym
6pm- MS Boy's Soccer vs Rushe @ HOME
6:30pm- HS Boy's Soccer @ Sunlake
7pm- HS Girl's Basketball vs East Lake @ HOME
Tuesday December 4
US History EOC Make-Up
2pm-3pm After School Detention in Room 3-224
2pm-3pm- Tutoring in Core Subjects, ASL & Spanish in Media
2pm- Graduation Committee Meeting
2pm- Robotics and Technology Club Meeting 4-102
2:30pm- National English Honor Society Meeting
3pm- ASLHS Meeting in 4-104
6pm- SAC Meeting in Media
6pm- HS Boy's Basketball vs Brooks Debartolo @ HOME
6pm- HS Girl's Soccer vs CCC @ HOME
Wednesday December 5
Civics EOC Make-Up
2pm- Class of 2019 Meetings 4-105
2pm- Class of 2020 Meeting 4-225
2pm- HS Play Auditions in Cafe
2:45- Girl's Weightlifting vs WCHS/PHS @ Zephyrills
6pm- MS Boy's Soccer vs Pineview MS @ HOME
6pm- HS Girl's Basketball @ Fivay
6pm- MS Girl's Basketball vs Rushe @ HOME
Thursday December 6
Science Walk Throughs
12:30- US Army Recruiter Sgt Chip Allen to D Lunch
2pm- Odyssey of the Mind Meeting in 3-107
2pm- After School Detention in Room 3-224
6pm- HS Boy's Soccer vs Gulf @ HOME
Friday December 7
Teacher/Admin for a Day
Physics Day at Busch Gardens
2pm- SLT Meeting
2pm-5pm- Odyssey of the Mind Meeting in 3-107
5:30pm- HS Boy's Basketball vs Cardinal Mooney @ HOME
6pm- HS Girl's Soccer @ Land O Lakes
6pm- HS Girl's Basketball @ Cardinal Mooney
7pm- Improv Performance in Cafe
7pm- FCA All Star Football @ Sunlake
Professional Development Tip- From your PD Committee!
Image Seating ChartA big shout out to Mr. Uchacz and Ms. Smith for this idea!! There are three slides on the seating chart powerpoint: one is for lab classroom and another breaks up the single desks.
Ideas for Use
- Use for substitutes to easily identify Students to communicate behavior
- Track points for Students for informal formative assessment when posing questions to class
- Track to give Students Coyote Cash
If you need assistance please reach out to Mrs. Manning!
List of Students and their Cores
Final Exam Week Bell Schedule
Quarterly Check information for Q2 can be found in the Quarterly Checks folder under Assessments in SharePoint. You can view the FAQ's, reference sheets, text to speech instructions, and QC2 Overview info.
All teachers will administer one of the following assessments during Final Exam days:
1. District Final
2. Quarterly Check
3. Principal Approved Assessment (PAA)
If you're not sure which assessment you will be giving, check with your PLC facilitator.
Instructions for Students Requesting to Test Semester Exams Early
Please encourage perfect attendance during the Final Exam week!
Here are the steps that students/parents should take if they need to sign out of school early during the final exam days.
- Parents should submit a “Request for a Pre-Approved Absence” on the CCMHS home page by clicking on the Report an Absence button.
- Once approved by admin, the request is forwarded to Ms. Perez in Student Services and Mr. Copeland.
- When Mr. Copeland receives the request, he will contact the student and parent directly to arrange the date/time of early testing if the student will be absent on a testing day.
- Students who need to make up exams will have to do so during non-exam periods on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- If the request is not made or approved AND the student does not take the exam, then they will receive a grade of “0”.
Winter FSA/NGSSS EOC Retakes
12/3 Biology 1 EOC
12/4 US History EOC
12/5 Civics EOC
12/6 EOC Make-Ups
12/11 Geometry EOC S1
12/12 Geometry EOC S2
12/13-12/14 EOC Make-Ups
Please Spend your $75 Classroom Fund Money By December 19th
Best Practices for Grading
Just a friendly reminder, teachers must have nine assignments a quarter posted in myStudent. The Employee Handbook states, teachers are to post at least one grade weekly. This ensures we are following contractual obligations and giving students the opportunity to prove mastery of standards.
Faculty Spotlight: Welcome Andrea Silver- Front Office
High School News
Middle School News
Submit a Faculty or Student Howlout!
Faculty Howlouts will drive our selections for Staff Member of the Week. Each week we will announce all of our HS and MS Coyote staff members of the week! These staff members will have their names announced on the intercom on Friday. At the end of the quarter the Staff Members of the Week will be invited to a special luncheon in their honor! We look forward to receiving numerous staff shout outs so we have many to select from each week!”
Student Howlouts: At the end of the week these students will be invited down to the flag pole in the center of the courtyard where we will have a Coyote Flag to be raised on Friday. These students will get the honor of raising the flag each Friday, and will have their names announced on the intercom! At the end of the quarter we will have a breakfast for all of our Students of the Week and their parents.
Faculty- Click here to submit
Student- Click here to submit
Calling all Coyotes
Resources Available to you!
SAC Funds: If you would like to request funding for an initiative in your classroom or a school-based activity, please complete the following Mach Form: SAC Funds Request Form