A Christmas Carol Background
Charles Dickens Book's
His books were influenced by his childhood, past experiences, and rough times.
Charles Dickens purpose for A Christmas Carol was to show how people with little to nothing can be the most kind and to help them.
- People started using child labor in the early 1900's. Children could be as young as 4 and the could work up to 16 hours per day.
- People were dependent on child labor because they need more income to pay taxes. Children were put to work on hard and dangerous tasks.
- Charles Dickens did not support child labor. He published many pieces about the evils of child labor.
- The Victorian Era was the period of Queen Victoria's reign from June 20, 1837 until her death. It was a peaceful time for Britain during the Victorian Era.
- Men and Women searched for an ideal relationship based on the expectations and demands of their society. People tried to be what the society wanted them to be.
The Industrial Revolution because Britain had access to a number of natural resources, such as iron and coal and the agricultural sector of the British economy had been steadily growing during the 18th century. Agricultural stability allowed the British population to increase.
The Industrial Revolution began in the early 18th century.
Industrialization is a process that in which a society transforms from an agricultural society to a manufacturing society.