Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and destroy body tissue.
The cancer i'm researching is prostate cancer is a cancer in a man's prostate, a small walnut-shaped gland that produces seminal fluid
The prostate cancer affect the prostate only on male. What causes cancer it is not known exactly what causes prostate cancer. Symptoms include difficulty with urination, but sometimes there are no symptoms at all. The treatments are Chemotherapy regimen, External beam radiotherapy and more
1) How many cells do we have in our body?
We have about 100 billion
2) What is a stem cell? How does a liver cell differ from a stomach cell?
undifferentiated cell of a multicellular organism that is capable of giving rise to indefinitely more cells of the same type, and from which certain other kinds of cell arise by differentiation.
3) What is a cell’s main purpose in life?
Transport molecules, conversion of energy, reproduction.
4) How does cancer get started? (carcinogenesis?)
Cancer starts when cells in a part of the body start to grow out of control.Cancer cell growth is different from normal cell growth.
5) What is a mistake in a cell’s genetic information called?
6) How does a cell usually deal with these mistakes?
It try's to fix it before it replicates more.
7) What is apoptosis?
The death of cells that occurs as a normal and controlled part of an organism's growth or development.
8) What is the key to preventing and treating cancer?
There is no way to prevent cancer but you can treat it so it can be cured in time.
Prostate Cancer Center: Treatments, Symptoms, Detection, Stages, Diagnosis, and Tests. (n.d.). Retrieved November 13, 2015, from http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/