Panda Family News
We Learn. We Collaborate. We Celebrate.
Updates for K-2 Students
- Bus Transportation: If you would like to have your child(ren) ride the bus and you are unsure if you've requested transportation, please call the front office at 919-542-3987. You may also call to change a transportation request.
- Carpool: If you would like to drop off and/or pick up your child(ren) in the carpool line, please drop by the front office this week between 8 AM and 3 PM to pick up a carpool tag. Tags must be picked up by Friday, October 16th.
- Breakfast and lunch are FREE for EVERYONE, you just have to fill out this form by Wednesday, October 14th. If you need a paper copy, stop by the main office to fill one out.
Reminders from last week:
Beginning October 19, PreK-2nd Group A students will attend in-person instruction on Mondays and Tuesdays while PreK-2nd Group B students will attend in-person instruction on Thursdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays, all students will receive at-home instruction.
Safety protocols for students returning to in-person instruction. Please know that all students and staff must wear a mask at all times on campus, inside and outside, except for when eating. Go ahead now and pack two extra masks in your child's backpack for use. when one is soiled. On the first day of school your child will receive a pack of 5 face masks. In case you missed the Panda Family News Safety Edition on Wednesday, here it is!
- We hosted two virtual parent meeting last week. You can access the files below
Plan B Parent Meeting: Video Slides
If you have any questions, please submit them here. We will do our best to address them where appropriate or in the upcoming Panda Family News.
#PAWSome Things to Know and Check Out
- Wednesday, October 14 @ 12:00: Early Release - Teachers will be engaged in Professional Development.
- Monday, October 19 @ 7:30: 1st Day of School for PreK-2 Group A Pandas
- Thursday, October 22 @ 7:30: 1st Day of School for PreK-2 Group B Pandas
- #PandaSmile Bulletin Board: Help us fill up our board with your Mask #PandaSelfie!
- #PES2021 Pumpkin Book Contest - check out details here!
Please continue to #StaySafe and if you leave home, know your Ws!
Wishing you well #PandaFamily,
Documents Used to Guide Reopening
Priorities for PES Reopening Plans:
Student and Staff Health and Safety
Creating a learning environment in which all students and teachers will be successful
To the extent possible maintaining stability for families (e.g. teacher-student assignments etc.)
Balancing the unique demands of the Virtual Academy
Please access guidance documents above used to support PES planning.
We Need Your Mask #PandaSelife!
#WeCollaborate To Create Our #PES2021 Yearbook
Putting together a yearbook for PES this year is going to be different. I will need help from everyone - PES Employees, Parents, Grandparents, etc...
Attached you will find a QR Code - all you have to do is scan it to get your pictures uploaded to the Jostens site for PES.
Be creative with your pictures, 1st day of school for your child, what is virtual learning like for your child, candid shots of your child, summer fun, virtual trips, fun with family, etc...
I have also attached the link to Jostens to order your 20-20 yearbook - get them at the beginning of the year for a cheaper price.
I can't wait to see your pictures!!!