Lone Star Language Academy
Weekly Updates and Reminders
- 02.26 - In celebration of Dr. Seuss Week, Students may wear silly or mismatched socks
- 02.27 - In celebration of Dr. Seuss Week, Students may wear something green
- 02.28 - In celebration of Dr. Seuss Week, Students may wear their favorite hat
- 03.01 - In celebration of Dr. Seuss Week, Students may wear something with animal print
- 03.02 - In celebration of Dr. Seuss Week, Students may wear a shirt that their classmates can read (appropriate school attire)
- 02.28 - STAAR Night for 3rd Grade Parents (This is an informational meeting for all 3rd-grade parents) 6:00-7:00 P.M.
- 03.01-03.02 - MAPs Testing for Kindergarten (Reading)
- Takeout 2.0 will be on campus March 1st for food tasting 2-3:30 pm to stop by and sample the new lunch menu.
- Dallas Legends Soccer Academy is coming to LSLA. Classes are $75 a month and meet every Thursday 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Congratulations to the winning class of the 2018 Penny Drive. Ms. Matto’s Kindergarten Class collected $157.39 in pennies.
March Hot Lunch Ordering Information
How to Order?
Go to link: https://www.takeout20.com/lsla-lunch-menu. OR if you are on the Takeout2.0 Home page, click on the “School Lunch Menu” button at the top, then choose “Lone Star Language Academy”.
Lunch Menu for the next month will be posted around the 19th of the current month to give parents/guardians enough time to place their orders. You can still place orders for the remainder of the current month by clicking on the “Last month menu” Button on the page.
March lunch menu will be available to order online on Feb 22nd. For March orders please order online by Wednesday, Feb 28, at 11:59 PM.
If you are ordering lunch for more than 1 child, we recommend that you place a separate order for each child. This will make it easy for the school staff to distribute the orders.
1. In the Shipping Details section, please enter following:
Email for order confirmation: Your email
First Name: Your Child’s First Name (Your child’s classroom name/Grade, if there is one)
Last Name: Your Child’s last name
Address: Lone Star Language Academy
Phone: Your contact phone number
2. Press continue, press continue again in the Delivery Method section.
3. Enter Credit card information in the Payment Section.
4. Uncheck “Same as Shipping Address” in the Billing address section.
5. In the Billing Address section, enter following details:
First Name: First name on credit card
Last Name: Last name on credit card
Address: Billing address for credit card
Phone: Your contact phone number
6. Click on “Review & Place order” button. Please review your order making sure there are no duplicate orders for the same day.
Father + Daughter Dance
After School Program
Words from Ms. Weaver
What a sweet evening in Candy Land. I must begin my weekly letter with a huge LSLA thank you to our amazing parents and staff who made this event possible. Our First Annual Father/Daughter Dance was a tremendous success. The decorations were beautifully made by our faculty, staff and parents, nothing short of magical! Our Fathers & Daughters looked spectacular. We danced the night away and everyone left with a smile on their face. Our girls were stunning, and our Dads did not disappoint!
This week is Dr. Seuss week, be sure to look at the daily schedule as to how we will be celebrating the creative and brilliant work of Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel.
In addition, we will also have a Purim Carnival with crafts and goodies in our Kindergarten & First Grade classes.
Parents, we will have a food tasting in the cafeteria on Wednesday, March 1st starting at 2:30 p.m. The new lunch vendor will be featuring primarily Indian foods, all are welcome to attend!
MAPS testing is still underway and results will go home with students March 9th. If your child is not progressing and not on course to meet or exceed their grade level goals you will be asked to attend a conference. Letters will go out when we return from Spring Break.
Please make sure your child is reading every night regardless if they are or not assigned to do so for homework. Reading is paramount and is the foundation for all of our content.
Please pay attention to your child’s absences and tardy count. It is very important that students arrive on time so they do not miss instruction.
Our school hours will change next year to 8:15 A.M.-3:30 P.M. This should help to accommodate those who travel in the heavy traffic areas.
PLEASE attend the PTO meeting next Tuesday, March 6th at 5:00 P.M. We need your assistance and feedback.
TECHNOLOGY night is coming up Wednesday, March 7th at 6:00 P.M.! Please plan to attend as we will have the presentation of our proposed STEM & Robotics program.
I hope you have an enjoyable week and as always I thank you for entrusting LSLA with your child’s future, together we make it possible for every child to succeed.