2019 Bus Routes
Potential Route Closures
I'll be hosting a parent meeting at Rimrock the evening of Monday, July 15, at 6:00 pm to answer questions and hear suggestions from parents regarding our busing program.
With the recent retirements of John & Denise, we're facing route closures for both the Grand View and Bruneau routes in the fall of 2019. If we're unable to hire drivers in the next few weeks, we'll be forced to consolidate BGV from 4 bus routes, to 2 bus routes - 1 in Grand View/Oreana and 1 in Bruneau.
For the last two months, school leadership has been working (unsuccessfully) to resolve this issue. Activities have included:
- Advertising in the Owhyee Avalanche & Mountain Home newspapers
- Sending home newsletters (email) and mailing flyers to all Oreana, Grand View & Bruneau residents in order to solicit drivers
- Contacting bus routes with an outside agency (Caldwell Bus & Brown Bus)
- Advertising within existing BGV staff for potential route drivers
- Advertising on schoolspring.com
- Comparing our BGV pay with other districts & agencies to ensure we have competitive pay
Without route drivers, BGV will be forced to consolidate 4 routes into 2 routes in the fall of 2019. If you know of anyone who is willing to be trained to drive a regular route with BGV, please contact JayDene Aquiso at (208) 834-2260. BGV offers:
- Competitive pay starting at $13.61 hr., with raises up to $15.82
- Paid training to earn a CDL (Commercial Driver's Licence) - BGV also covers the cost of the CDL
- Signing bonus of $500
Parent Meeting - Busing
Monday, July 15th, 6pm
Rimrock Jr-Sr High School, State Highway 78, Bruneau, ID, USA
RSVPs are enabled for this event.