By: Grace, Madison, Akshee, and Rohit
- Heat water
- Heat homes
- Create electricity
What needs to be Changed?
- Extra wiring needs to be added to cooperate with the panels.
- We will need to fix the roof up after the installments.
- The electricity wiring will have to be altered.
- Solar panels last for 20-25 years
- We are thinking for Solarcity to install the solar panels atop the roof.
- Since they are maintaining the panels already,we don't need to worry about their damage,because Solarcity will fix that for free.
Kilo Watts Used
We used 1,030,933 in 2015 for the entire year, including the summer.
The amount of energy used per day is 5,727.41kwh. Since we have 3kwh panels, we need to divide by 3. Then we get 1,909.14 panels. Since each panel cost $50, we multiply by 50 and get $95,457 to implement the panels.
How to Raise Money
We could get a bond, we could do fundraisers, and we could ask parents to donate.
Pros and Cons
Pros and Cons
- A solar panel can last up to 20-25 years if maintained correctly.
- Using our plan will help the school save money.
- We don’t have to pay any down payment
- We only need to pay them for the energy the solar panels produce.
- We would have enough space on the roof for the solar panels.
- We sign a 20 or 30 year warranty
- They monitor the solar panels and check on them monthly.
- If the plan doesn't work we will have to wait many years before our warranty is done.
- 3 Kilowatts cost $25-$100 monthly
- The cost for the kilowatts increase 0-2.9% each year, for 20-30 years.
- Trees, agriculture, and tall buildings can block the sunlight from reaching the solar panel.
AleSpa. "File:Photovoltaik Dachanlage Hannover - Schwarze Heide - 1 MW.jpg." Wikipedia. Wikipedia, 30 Oct. 2013. Web. 5 Feb. 2016. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Photovoltaik_Dachanlage_Hannover_-_Schwarze_Heide_-_1_MW.jpg
Discover Atlanta Solar Power Energy Systems. Atlanta Solar Contractor, n.d. Web. 5 Feb. 2016. http://atlantasolarcontractor.com
"How Much Do Solar Panels Cost?" SolarCity. SolarCity, n.d. Web. 5 Feb. 2016. http://www.solarcity.com/residential/how-much-do-solar-panels-cost
Tusher, Christine. "Everything You Need To Know About Adding Solar Panels At Home." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 17 May 2014. Web. 05 Feb. 2016. http://www.forbes.com/sites/houzz/2014/05/17/everything-you-need-to-know-about-adding-solar-panels-at-home/#4dabc8701862