Li Ka Shing - Entrepreneur
By: Avanti Sangole and Liana Haug
Who is Li ka Shing?
- Li Ka Shing is famous for building business empires.
- At age 14, he worked full time to support his family.
His first company’s name was “Cheung Kong”
- He started a plastic manufacture plant.
- His company manufactures plastic toys and everyday plastic items.
- He has built a business empire which includes construction, banking, plastics, real estate, hotels, airports, cellular phones, cement production, satellite television, retail outlets, domestic transportation, ports, shipping, electric power and steel production.
Li Ka Shing's history
- Li Ka Shing was born on June 13th 1928 in Chaozhou in the Guangdong Province of China
- Father- LI Yun Wife- Chou Hoi Ming
- Mother- Zuang Biqin
- Two sons: Richard Li and Victor Li Tzar-kuoi
- Li Ka Shing did not go to college. However, when he was 12 years old, he quit school to train in a factory for watch straps. At the age 14 he started working full time in a plastic trading company. In the year 1950 he started his own business. Cheung Kong was the name of his company. His factory had plastic toys as well as everyday items.
LI Ka Shing's net worth is $31.9 billion.
What he is doing today?
- Li Ka Shing has started to invest in electric ports all around the world.
- He still owns business empire which includes construction, banking, plastics, real estate, hotels, airports, cellular phones, cement production, satellite television, retail outlets, domestic transportation, ports, shipping, electric power and steel production. But now he is earning more profit than before for his companies.
- He has donated 3 million to Stanford School of medicine.
- $1.5 million to Yale, for stem cell research.
- $40 million for health science research.
- $1.94 billion to healthcare and education programs.
- $40 million to the University of California
- $2 million to UCSF's "precision medicine"
- He made a fortune by selling JUST plastic flowers to the world.
- He is the richest man in all of Asia.
- His parents abandoned him because he dropped out of school when he was 14.
- "If you don't have a big heart, you will not succeed"
- "I wasn't lucky. I worked hard to achieve the goals I set for myself"