Advanced Bandemic Week 38
April May 3-7
A Note From Your Directors
It is concert week!!! We are so excited to have all Staley Band students together for a concert on Monday, May 3rd. See below for details. Also due to issues with our google team drive- last week's BPA board interest link would not work. If you are interested in serving on our booster board please let us know asap at www.staleyband.org/nominate. Sorry for any confusion.
Donation fundraiser, May 3rd concert info, Instrument audit, and auditions for next year!
Mr. Wood, Mrs. Humphreys, Mr. Seymour
Donation Fundraiser! Info below!
May Concert Information- Monday, May 3rd
We are excited to have an end of year performance featuring every band member! This is a major grade and will be a great way to close out a couple years unlike any other. Like all our other events, VA students will have an alternate assignment if your family does not want to attend this event.
When: Monday, May 3rd at 6:00-6:30. Students will stay after school so we can rehearse together. Parents- plan to arrive around 5:45 and sit in the home bleachers side of Memorial Stadium. We will be playing on the track facing you!
Food: We will provide dinner for band members (hotdogs, chips, & water). Students are welcome to bring additional food or eat after the event with your family if they choose.
What to wear: Blue band shirt, sunglasses, sunscreen, and water bottle. (shorts are welcome), It may be really worm- don't forget extra water!
Where: Memorial Stadium across the street from Staley. NOT Memorial HS.
Concert Itinerary - Monday, May 3rd
- VA students should come to the building and enter near the cafe
4:00pm-4:45pm - Rehearse with 6th, 7th and 8th grade band students in cafe!
5:00pm - Eat!!! (Mr. Wood is grilling hotdogs and we will have chips and water for the students)
5:30pm - Head to Memorial Stadium (across the parking lot from Staley!)
5:45pm- Parents arrive and find a seat in the bleachers.
6:00pm - CONCERT TIME at Memorial Stadium!
6:30pm - Concert is over and students pack up and help take stands back to the band hall
- ALL SCHOOL OWNED INSTRUMENTS MUST STAY AT SCHOOL OVER NIGHT!
- Personal (not school owned) should be taken home and NOT brought to school on Tuesday 5/4,
- Staley MS has an instrument audit on Wednesday, May 5th and all instruments must be accounted for.
Instrument Audit- Wednesday, May 5th
This year we are having all school owned equipment audited on Wednesday May 5th.
- We do this every five years so it is VERY important that EVERY school owned instrument is in our possession on May 4th (whether face to face or virtual).
- We will still allow students to use their instruments through the end of the school year, but every instrument must be accounted for– thank you for your help with this!
Audition Information- Friday, May 7th
Here are the highlights:
- Brass and Woodwind students will need to upload the short song and then three scales (one being a one octave chromatic) by Friday 5/7.
- Percussion students will need to upload their audition materials by 5/7 also.
- ALL students, whether continuing in band or not should plan to submit a recording as this is also a test grade.
- Results and additional information (including the music if you lose it) can be found at www.staleyband.org/audition.
Information for 2021-2022 Returning Members
WE. ARE. BACK!
We spoke with administration and all our events, concerts, rewards, etc. are back at 100% next year. This includes performing for elementary schools, football games, concerts, contests, and more. This also includes our monthly rewards like movie parties, picnics, the luau, medieval times, urban air, main event, six flags, and more! Before covid hit we were one of the most active organizations on campus and we look forward to getting back to business as usual– we hope you are excited to join us in the fun next year. If you originally did not mark band as your 1st choice and want to get back in, just return THIS FORM and we will get your schedule changed!
SMSBPA Board Positions: We are losing some great 8th grade parents who have served for years. If you are interested in serving on our booster board please let us know asap! If you have any questions let us know.
There was a problem with the last weeks link. Please visit www.staleyband.org/nominate to let us know how you can help.
Band Fees/dues are back next year. Even though we are one of the more active bands, we have the lowest fees in the district. Our cost is $30 with an option to join the SMSBPA membership for an additional $10. Instrument usage fees of $100 for the year are also coming back, but as always we have financial aid available for any family who is in need and interested. All fees will not be due until the start of the 2021-2022 school year, but we wanted to give you a heads up.