How to be a great listener!
A good listening skill is to not speak when someone is speaking to you.
- You can't listen if you are talking
Practice active listening by focusing on what the other person is saying.
- Concentrate on what is being said
- Eliminate distractions
Repeat the message back to make sure the message was received properly.
- This helps avoids miscommunication
Share the role of listener and speaker.
- Take turns speaking
Taking notes helps you remember things better.
- Don't write down everything that is said
Write down what you are confused about.
- Never interrupt someone who is speaking.
Avoid anything that will come in between the people talking.
- Don't use your phone while talking to someone
- Keep your focus on the person