AP Exam Information
Dear Students & Parents,
As we move into our second semester, the AP exams will soon be here. This page and the Fossil Ridge High school website will continue to be a valuable resource to communicate the most current AP Exam updates. Please continue reading below for new, important information that may pertain to you.
AP Exam registration will open up on February 1, 2022, for students currently enrolled in AP Government and/or AP Economics for the Spring semester. If you have not already registered for your AP Exam in these courses, you may do so without paying a late fee through February 25th. The cost of the exam is $96, but there is an early bird discount of $5 if you are registered and paid by February 11th.
Students who have a documented disability and currently have a 504/IEP in place have the opportunity to request accommodations from College Board. If you would like to make this request, you will need to complete the attached consent form and return to Amber Ross by January 12th. Please know that requesting accommodations does not guarantee they will be approved by College Board. Fossil Ridge High School does not have the ability to approve or make accommodation decisions on AP Exams.
Below, you will find further details, including dates and payment information. Please note that registration and payment must be received by the specified deadlines.
A goal of ours at Fossil Ridge High School is to ensure that all AP students have the
equal opportunity to participate in AP exams. After reviewing payment details, if you determine that the financial cost of the exams will not allow a student to participate, please consider applying for a fee reduction. The application for this option is included with this letter and must be returned to Amber Ross or Alicia Morton by Friday, February 11, 2022.
Specific campus questions may be addressed to Amber Ross, Assistant Principal at email@example.com.
David Hadley, Principal
AP Exam registration will open up on February 1, 2022 for students currently enrolled in AP Government and/or AP Economics for the Spring semester.
Exam Fee Information
- Standard Fee - $96 per exam
- Early Bird Special - $5 discount if registered and paid by February 11, 2022.
- Approved Fee Reduction - $25 per exam
- AP Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors – please see Mrs. Ross
AP Exam Registration:
- Students join AP class section using join codes provided by their AP teacher
- Exam Registration opens February 1, 2022 at midnight
- Total Registration at totalregistration.net/AP/443753
- Website can also be accessed through the FRHS Webpage
- Online credit card payments will be accepted through the FRHS webstore (https://tx-keller.incom). (Will include a 3% NON-REFUNDABLE service fee)
- Cash (exact change), Checks, and Money Orders can be paid to Mrs. Silk in the counselor’s office
- Make checks payable to FRHS with the student’s name printed in the memo.
- Keep your receipt for errors, no refunds will be made without a receipt
February 1st @ 12:00 AM
- Registration Opens
February 11th @ 4:00 PM
- Early Bird Deadline (Must register and pay)
February 25th @ 4:00 PM
- Exam Registration Deadline (must be paid)
May 2nd – May 13th
- AP Testing
- You may take an exam more than once if you want to improve your score.
- You do not have to be enrolled in the AP to take the exam.