Paulo Panther Weekly
Weekly events and announcements: 12/19/21
ATTN 8th GRADE: High School Application Update
· The high school application for students entering high school in fall 2022 will open in late January (during the week of January 24, 2022). Families will be notified when the application opens.
· The deadline for families to submit their high school application will be in early March (the week of February 28, 2022).
· High school programs that use the screened admissions method will use multiple measures as their screening criteria. These measures will include submission of a work sample from last year (such as essays, reports, etc)and first semester grades from this school year. This year, due to the absence of reliable or current state exam results, state test scores will not be used.
We wish you Peace and Joy
As we wrap up 2021, the Paulo family would like to wish you and those you hold dear a healthy, fun-filled, beautiful and festive Holiday Season.
“THE BEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THE WORLD CANNOT BE SEEN OR EVEN TOUCHED. THEY MUST BE FELT WITH THE HEART.” – HELEN KELLER
International Multicultural Celebration at IS75
I.S.75 is planning an International Multicultural Celebration for February 17th, 2022 at Paulo from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. We would love for parents and guardians to join us and share their heritage with our school community. Our initial planning meeting will take place over breakfast on Wednesday, January 6, 2022 at 9:00 a.m in the student cafeteria. Parents and guardians who are interested are invited to attend this initial planning meeting. If you are unable to attend but would still like to participate, we will provide you with the materials at your convenience.
Proof of vaccination will be required upon entering the school building. Masks must be worn at all times.
Please feel free to email Ms. Boshnack with any questions or concerns!
Please use this link to sign up no later than
Tuesday, January 4th by 3:00PM - https://forms.gle/zDZmny8axn4JUvyu9
Please fill out the form to let us know if you can stay after school on Thursday's from 2:30-3:30 to work on your poster board for the International Fair. Culture Club will start on Thursday, January 6th Can't wait to learn about all your cultures and share them at the Paulo International Fair! CLICK HERE FOR THE FORM TO JOIN
In the CHAMPS Sports and Fitness Program, students participate in fun, safe, and supervised physical activities before school. The name CHAMPS stands for Cooperative, Healthy, Active, Motivated and Positive Students.
On Wed. Dec. 15th. the IS75 CHAMPS program started up again. It will run through Feb. 18, 2022.. Hours are 6:30 am to 7:30 am, Monday through Friday. Those who wish to participate must be vaccinated. Any questions email FSciarabba@schools.nyc.gov
The Paulo Pages- IS75's Digital Newspaper
Paulo's 8th Grade Movie Night
Exciting news! We are planning a fun night out at the movies for our 8th grade students!
SPIDERMAN: NO WAY HOME
· Date of trip: January 6, 2022
· Drop off at The Atrium: 5:15PM
· Pick-up at The Atrium: 8:00PM
· Total price for ticket, popcorn, and pizza: $17
· Deadline to pay: Monday, January 3, 2022
· Students can bring extra money to buy extra snacks if they choose :-)
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT TRANSPORTATION IS NOT PROVIDED. Please make arrangements to drop your child off at The Atrium Cinemas by 5:15PM the latest and pick-up at 8:00 PM.
After-School Recreation Winter 2022 (In-person & remote options)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: January 7, 2022
- YOUTUBE ACADEMY (MR. ALKHATIB) MONDAYS/THURSDAYS 3:30 to 5:00PM REMOTE
- INTRO TO WATERCOLOR PAINTING (MS.IMPARATO) MONDAYS 2:25 to 3:55 PM ROOM 424
- BASKETBALL (MR. D'AMICO) MONDAYS 2:25 to 3:55 PM, GYMNASIUM
- SCHOOL NEWSPAPER CLUB MR. FERRARO & MS. HENRICH, *REMOTE 3:10PM-4:10PM, TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
- ART CLUB (MS. IMPARATO) TUESDAYS ROOM 424 2:25-3:55PM
- SCIENCE CLUB (MS. LAFATA) WEDNESDAYS, ROOM 253, 2:25-3:55PM
- BAKING (MS. SPERATO) WEDNESDAYS, *REMOTE 4:00-5:00PM
- PAINTING (MS. IMPARATO) WEDNESDAYS ROOM 424 2:25 - 3:55 PM
- HARRY POTTER CLUB (PROFESSOR FEIGEL) THURSDAYS ROOM 243 2:25-3:55 PM
- COUNTRY LINE DANCING (MS. COSCIO)THURSDAYS ROOM 215 2:25-3:55 PM
- FOOTBALL (MR. D'AMICO) THURSDAYS GYMNASIUM 2:25-3:55 PM
- MARVEL CLUB (MS. HENRICH & MS. KEE) WEDNESDAYS ROOM 205 2:25 - 3:55 PM
To register, find out cost, and for more information, visit our website @ www.is75.org.
To Pay, click School Store/Online Payments
For full details, click After School Recreation - Winter 2022
Heart of Humble Heroes Hundred-Day Challenge Nov. 19th through Feb. 27th
Students have 100 days to volunteer in their community, log their hours, post their journey, and submit an essay or Flipgrid about how they made an impact. The challenge runs from November 19th - February 27th. One winner from each grade will be chosen by the Humble Heroes and receive a monetary prize, and all participants will receive 2 service credits.
Final Submission Due Friday March 4th, 2022
Notices and volunteer logs went home Wed. Nov. 17 in the students' backpacks. If you have any questions, reach out to Miss LaRocca at email@example.com
SCHOOL SPIRIT CALENDAR FOR 2021-2022
Upcoming Paulo Spirit days:
December 21, 2021 – Door Decorating Judging
December 22, 2021 - Ugly Sweater Day
December 23, 2021- Twins Day
January 7, 2022 – College Awareness Day- Wear your favorite college swag
February 11, 2022 – Football Jersey Day
February 14, 2022 – Wear Red for Valentine’s Day
February 17, 2022 - International Night
March 17, 2022 – Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day
April 8, 2022- Basketball Jersey Day
April 29, 2022 – Light it Up Blue for Autism
May 4, 2022- Star Wars Day
May 27, 2022 – Superhero Day
June 1, 2022-Soccer Jersey Day
Saturday Morning Math Tutoring
"Virtual" Math Tutoring on Saturdays
Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Classes will not meet the week of break on Saturday Dec 25 and January 1. They will resume on January 8th and continue through January 22nd.
Classes are taking place remotely. Students WILL NOT report to school.
You must register your child at IS75.org under the School Store/Online Payments tab in order to attend math tutoring. After registering, the student will receive an invite to the google classroom.
- High-risk competitive sports as designated by the CDC/NYSED/NYSDOH, which are football, volleyball, basketball, wrestling, lacrosse, stunt, and rugby. Vaccination will also be required for participation in bowling, because while not a high-risk sport, it takes place in spaces that require vaccination for children ages 5 and older.
- Extracurricular activities scheduled outside of the school day, like singing/chorus, orchestra/marching band, musical theater, dance, and cheerleading/step teams/flag teams.
- Students who wish to continue to participate in these extracurricular activities must get their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by December 14.
Useful Links: Self-help
- Daily Health screening https://healthscreening.schools.nyc/
- Health and Safety in Our Schools COVID-19 School Health Policy.
- IS75 Website https://www.is75.org/
- NYC Schools Account Portal NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
- Parent Consent for Testing New York City Schools Account (NYCSA)
- School Food Forms https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
- Student Account information schools.nyc.gov/studentaccounts
- Student-Family Handbook https://www.is75.org/pdfs/Paulo%20Student-Family%20Handbook%202021-22%20_1_.pdf
- Student transportation https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-ne
- Vaccine portal Vaccine.schools.nyc