Acton Weekly Update: 3/16/18
FTCSC Hedgehog Focus
1. We accept LEARNING as the fundamental purpose of our district and therefore are willing to examine all practices in light of their impact on learning.
2. We are committed to working together to achieve our collective purpose. We cultivate a COLLABORATIVE CULTURE through development of high-performing teams.
3. We assess our effectiveness on the basis of RESULTS rather than intentions. Individuals, teams, and schools seek relevant data and information and use that information to promote continuous improvement.
Nuts and Bolts
Please add to your newsletters
1. Egg Hunt: The Acton Lodge will will hosting it's annual Easter egg hunt at the school on March 31st from 1-3PM. Please add this information to your newsletters for families!
2. K Registration will be at Acton this year! We will begin registration April 2nd and 3rd at the school.
3. Chow With The Cow- April 10th!!! Encourage families to go to CFA for Breakfast, Lunch (come have lunch with their students) and DINNER!
4. Fast Flash- May 12th, 2018 Encourage families to sign up. Be sure to register as an Acton family so we can bring the FAST FLASH trophy home to Acton. Every student who participates will earn a TIGER TAIL!!!! Sign up at this link https://fteducation.org/
HSBT Wellness Screenings are at Acton on April 3rd from 7:00 AM-10:00 AM. If you are signing up for the screening at a time when you need coverage for your room, please let me know ASAP so I can work out a coverage schedule.
Please Read the following article "3 Key Questions" below and reflect on what/how and why we are assessing our students.
After meeting with every grade level I felt CONFIDENT that we are all working strategically and intentionally to meet student needs during our extension times. There was EXCELLENT discussion regarding some tweaks we can make this year and for me to keep in mind while working on the schedule for next school year. Your input is valuable. Keep up the good work and make every minute count!
Tuesday: Mini-Lesson Planning Time
Wednesday: Grade Level Data Focus (CORE Team)
What's Coming Up
2 School Board Meeting
2 Students Return
2 Evacuation Drill
2 Kindergarten Registration on-site
3 Kindergarten Registration on-site
3 HSBT Wellness Screening
10 5th grade field trip
11 Spring Pictures
11 Bus evacuation drill
12 Student Council
13 Breakfast and Books
16-May 4 ISTEP
20 Mid term ends
20 All Pro Dads
25 Secretary’s day
25 midterms posted
27 1st Grade fieldtrip
23 School Board Meeting