Central Elementary School
Parent Updates - Sept. 15, 2023
From: Principal Collins & Asst. Principal Huff
Greetings Falcon Parents & Guardians!
Thank you to all the grandparents who joined us for lunch for Grandparent's Day! We had a record number of grandparents which is evidence that we are moving in the right direction, academically and culturally. Let's continue to come out and support our students. Remember, it takes a village!
Our School Vision
The vision is for all of us to build on our students' past to face the challenges of the future in an intentional environment supporting 100% of students everyday.
Sept. 29 - Awards Day Program (Pre-K - 2nd @8:30 & 3rd -5th @ 9:05)
Order Your School T-Shirt Today and Show Your Pride! Look for order forms Monday.
The Entire Month of September is Attendance Awareness Month!
CES Core Values
- ALL visitors must sign in through our Raptor system, if they are going beyond the lobby area.
- No doors will be propped open at any time, unless supervised for morning arrivals and afternoon dismissal.
- Please provide a picture ID when picking up your child.
- Students are not allowed to use their personal cell phones on campus.
- Students will practice safety drills throughout the year, which includes fire drills, lock down drills, and severe weather drills. Please have a conversation with your child about the importance of drills in order to ease anxiety and fear in them.
- Please continue to discuss the Code of Conduct Handbook with your child and promote positive behavior.
- Disruptive behaviors will not be allowed and will be handled according to the Tuscaloosa City Schools Code of Conduct Handbook.
- Report all bullying issues to the school counselor or use the link below.