- They have great speed to escape predators.
- His highly-adaptable diet is what helps him survive in variety of environments without having to migrate
- The brown feathers make it harder to spot the burrowing owl in the dry grass
- If an enemy enters the burrow the young makes a hissing noise that sounds like a snake
- This prairie plant has a root that extends downward for as much as 3.5 meters and form networks to absorb moisture during dry periods
- It can survive fire and regrow due to its growing point underground
Development of urban areas is increasingly cutting into grassland habitats