The Ritenour Review
2016 - 2017 Third Grade Weekly News
A Warm Welcome
What a wonderful week! Thank you for such a warm welcome to the school! I can tell this is a wonderful group of students and I am looking forward to the next few months. We would also like to share that Mrs. Ritenour and her family welcomed Baby Rory into the world on October 6th! Congratulations! Meanwhile, at school, we transitioned from one teacher to another utilizing our lifelines of flexibility and patience!
This week was a big week to celebrate. We completed our first units in reading and writing and there was much to reflect on! As a class we were able to look back on our growth so far this year with pride and share our successes with one another. Next week will be a week filled with new learning as we embark on our new adventures in learning with our informational units.
Here is a look at our topics for next week:
- Language Arts: We will begin our journey as informational writers.
- Math: We will look at continue to look different strategies for addition and subtraction and apply them when working with two and three digit numbers.
- Reading: We will begin our second unit of study as we dive into informational text.
- Word Study: Next week, we will work on our new spelling patterns. Please, encourage your child to study the sort words/patterns throughout the week.
Weekly Work Folders
- October 10th - October 13th Book Fair (Our class shopping day will be Wednesday at 9:45)
- October 17th- October 21st
*If you are interested in planning the class Fall Party, please let me know!
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.