Hemingway's life before writing:
- Ernest Hemingway did not go to college.
- He instead, took a job as a cub reporter for the Kansas City Star newspaper.
- The Army rejected him because of poor eyesight.
- Hemingway volunteered as a driver with the Red Cross Ambulance Corps.
- When he was handing our supplies to soldiers in Italy, Hemingway is seriously injured by a trench mortar and machine gun.
- Hemingway fell in love with an American nurse six years his senior named Agnes von Kurowsky.
- Kurowsky broke his heart by cheating on Hemingway.
Life as a writer:
- Hemingway's first book to be pulished is, Three Stories and Ten Poems.
- Hemingway married Elizabeth Hadley Richardson, who was the first of four wives.
- He was friends with Scott F. Fitzgerald.
- He lived in Paris, France.
- Hemingway's first novel was The Sun Also Rises.
- He eventually moved to Key West, Florida and then to Cuba.
- Hemingway won the Pulitzer Prize for The Old Man and the Sea.
- Hemingway was an avid hunter.
- Ernest Hemingway comitted suicide on July 2, 1961.
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway