By Jack Chase
Similar to Flourine and Bromine
- Used in pools, bleach and purifying water
- It costs $0.15 per 100g
- Discovered by Carl Willhelm Scheele
- Origin of name: Greek word khloros (green)
- It is a greenish-yellow color
More Fun Facts
- This is the 6th most abundant element on the planet
- Exposure to chlorine can be deadly even in small amounts
- This was used as a chemical weapon long ago in WW1
- Chlorine irritates the eyes, skin and lungs
- Chlorine is not found free in nature
"Chemical Elements.com - An Interactive Periodic Table of the Elements." Chemical Elements.com - An Interactive Periodic Table of the Elements. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 June 2015.
"The Periodic Table." Periodic Table of Elements and Chemistry. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 June 2015.