5th Grade News Bennett Elementary
Week of May 9-13
Reading, Writing, and Social Studies
In Reading, students will work to read and analyze non-fiction each day. Students will read and analyze to learn more about historical events in the 20th century. Students will continue to read and finish their literature circle book. Homework is due Friday, May 13th.
In Social Studies, students will begin to create an informational poster with their group AND write a research paper individually to show their knowledge of their decade.
Remember to be studying for your STATES quizzes!
**Please be bringing in shoes boxes for states floats!**
Math and Science
In Math, the students will finish calculating their final costs for their Resort Report, a multi-digit multiplication math project. On Thursday, the students will begin Logixs, an educational game that is designed to develop problem-solving capabilities.
In Science, we will play Jeopardy and other vocabulary rich games to review this year’s concepts. The Science STAAR is Wednesday. Students will present their Crape Myrtle projects to the class on both Thursday and Friday. The winning project, which will represent Bennett Elementary, will be announced on the following Monday. There is NO homework this week.
Math and Science Homework
- Week of May 9th - closed campus to visitors due to STAAR; no ALPHA this week; Campus will reopen Friday, May 13, for Field Day
- Monday, May 9th - Math STAAR Retest; Chess Club @ 3-4p
- Tuesday, May 10th - Reading STAAR Retest
- Wednesday, May 11th- Science STAAR test; Engineering Club @ 3-4p
- Friday, May 13th- STUCO Store; Field Day
- Week of May 15th- College and Career Week; Book Fair Week
- Monday, May 16th- Chess Club @ 3-4p; STUCO EOY Party 2:00-2:50p
- Tuesday, May 17th- Taste it Tuesday; 8:45-11:45 Career Day
- Wednesday, May 18th- Engineering Club; Water Otter presentation @ 2p
- Friday, May 20th- STUCO Store; Friday Live @ 2:15
- Monday, May 23rd- Creed Lunch 11:30; Incoming Kinder Storytime 12:30-1:00
- Tuesday, May 24th - End of Year Celebration at 2pm
- Friday, May 27th - No school - Bad Weather Day
- Monday, May 30th - No school - Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 31st - Mrs. Holderman's Birthday
- Wednesday, June 1st- 5th Grade Party beginning at 12:30p
- Thursday, June 2nd- 5th Grade Walk/ Flag Ceremony at 2pm
- Saturday, June 4 - Rough Rider McKinney ISD Night
Extra PTO Information
5th Grade Party Information
McKinney ISD Rough Rider Night - June 4th
Bennett 5th Grade
Shannon Dusek - email@example.com
Beth Higgins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie White - email@example.com