Girl Scout Troop 363
Meetings every Wednesday @ Hilltop Methodist Church 6-7 PM
Whole Troop News
- Next Meeting: February 10
- This week's meeting will be focused on World Thinking Day and the theme of "Connect". This is a world wide celebration by Girl Scouts and Girl Guides. We hope to have some fun activities - and maybe even connect with girls from another country!
- Parents - please make sure to sign your scout in and out every night - this helps us know who has done what activities, and to know who is there should something happen. Just a quick initial is all we need! Thank you!
Daisy's learned all about dolphins! We even made up our own dolphin language so if you hear your girls whistling and eeking---that is why!
We are going to do a sewing project in a few months and need parents to donate any fabric remnants they may have. We are going to make aprons! Next week is World Thinking Day and the group will be doing a troop-wide activity!
2015- 2016 Daisy Schedule
Feb. 3, 2016 Learn About Dolphins and Whales
Feb. 10, 2016 World Thinking Day (Whole Group)
Feb. 17, 2016 First Aid Training for Girls (Whole Group)
Feb. 24, 2016 Learn about Cheetahs
WHOLE GROUP: COOKIES DELIVERED FEB. 27th.
Marcy 2, 2016 Bling Our Booth (Whole Group)
March 9, 2016 Bling Our Booth (Whole Group)
WHOLE GROUP: BOOTH SALES BEGIN FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS
March 16, 2016 Learn about St. Patrick’s Day
March 23, 2016 Learn About Easter
WHOLE GROUP: COOKIE MONEY DUE FEB. 28TH.
March 30, 2016 Learn about Peacocks and other flightless birds
April, 6, 2016 Start Sewing Project (Apron)—Girls Must Attend these two weeks to participate or parent will have to arrange to do the part girl missed on their own.
April 13, 2016 Complete Sewing Project (Apron)
WHOLE GROUP: TRIP TO PLANETARIUM via Train Scheduled for Saturday afternoon April 16, 2016.
April 20, 2016 Cooking (In our New Aprons!)
April 27, 2016 OPEN
May 4, 2016 Mother’s Day Gift
May 11, 2016 Plant Flowers at the Church (Scouts starts at 5 p.m. this day)
WHOLE GROUP: FAMILY CAMP OUT May 13 and 14 (location to get determined and each family camps on own)
May 18, 2016 OPEN
May 25, 2016 Last day of Scouts Celebration
June 4, 2016 Seven Peaks Water Park Celebration for Girls who Sell Enough Cookies
We worked together in teams to create things out of foil and pipe cleaners. We focused on using teamwork to build and create. The team decided to start making foil hats and fancy decorations! It was a blast!
We have just one more activity to wrap up a couple of new business badges and to get ready for their cookie booth sales - Good job!!
The girls are learning some great business skills!
January 16 to February 7 - Girls take orders
February 27 - Pick up cookies (this is a tentative date, I will have more info later, but plan on trying to pick up cookies that afternoon)
March 11 - March 27 - Booth sales (again, more info as I get it)
Have the girls sell the cookies! (See the video below!)
Check out the Girl Scout webpage for parents and girls for tons of tips for making your cookie season successful: http://www.gsutah.org/en/cookies/for-cookie-sellers.htm
Remember to have fun and call Lori if you have any questions!
One Girl Scout can make a difference, but together we can ROCK the world!
- Sign up for snacks here: Troop Snack Sign-Up
- Dues are due on the 5th of every month (you can also pay quarterly or yearly!). You can pay these directly to Grace (cell phone 801 699 0550 or email email@example.com), or if you would like to pay via PayPal please use "send money to a friend" at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your scout misses a meeting, read this newsletter to find out what she can do to make up the activities at home and still earn her badges!
- If you have any favorite songs or games you would like to share with our girls, just let us know and we would be happy to have you lead it!