By: Xavier Reeves
Here is 3 reasons why bacteria is harmful to humans.
- Some bacterias cause major diseases, such as tuberculosis, plague, syphilis, and cholera.
- It may involve an internal organ, as in bacterial pneumonia (infection of the lungs) or bacterial meningitis (infection of the membrane covering the brain and spinal cord).
- Some bacteria, such as pneumococcus (noo-mo-KOK-us), which is also called Streptococcus pneumoniae, almost always cause illness if they get into the body.
- Coughing that lasts three or more weeks
- Coughing up blood
- Chest pain, or pain with breathing or coughing
- Unintentional weight loss
- Night sweats
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Patchy hair loss
- Weight loss