The Ranger Report
Upcoming Important Dates
- October 4th - Veterans Spirit Night @ Texas Roadhouse 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- October 5th - Beta Club meeting 4:05 PM - 5:00 PM (Students Only)
- October 6th - ESOL Tutoring Begins
- October 7th- Theatre Club meeting is cancelled (4:00 pm-5:00 pm)
- October 8th - Hat Day for $1 to support our fine arts department
- October 11th - No school for students
- October 12th - 19th Golden Donuts Beta Club fundraiser - Presale
- October 13th - Football: Veterans vs Richards (@Richards 5:15 PM)
- October 14th - Volleyball: Veterans vs Double Churches (@Veterans 5:30 PM)
- October 15th - Report Cards (Please check Infinite Campus for report cards. Hard copies will not be provided.)
- October 18th - Volleyball: Veterans vs Richards (@Richards 5:30 PM)
- October 19th - Pie a Teacher in the Face Fundraiser
- October 20th - Football: Veterans vs Rothschild (@ Rothschild 5:15 PM)
- October 21st - Beta Club Golden Donuts Fundraiser Delivery
- October 21st - Theatre Club meeting from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM in the cafeteria
- October 21st - Volleyball: Veterans vs Rothschild (@Rothschild 5:30 PM)
- October 25th and 26th - Auditions for winter show , Cinderella from 4:00 PM -5:00 PM Students should come one of these days, but not both. No monologue required.
- October 25th - 29th - Red Ribbon Week
- October 25th - NJHS Meeting in the media center 4:05 pm - 4:45 pm.
- October 25th - Volleyball: Whiteout the County/Veterans vs Harris County (@Veterans 5:30 PM)
- October 27th - Football: (Camo Game: Students are encouraged to wear camouflage)Veterans vs Harris County (@Kinnett Stadium 6:00 PM)
- October 28th - Volleyball: Veterans vs Arnold (@Veterans 5:30 PM)
- October 29th - Theatre Club Halloween party 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM (cafeteria)
- October 29th- Haunted Hallway and Halloween Dance for all eligible students (Students who did not receive ISS or OSS from August - October 29th are eligible to attend) $10 admission which includes both the dance and haunted hallway
- November 1st - Volleyball: Blackout Blackmon/Veterans vs Blackmon Road (@Veterans 5:30 PM)
VETERANS SPIRIT NIGHT @ Texas Roadhouse October 4th
- Stay informed of important information and upcoming events through our Facebook page and school website. Links for both can be found below.
- If you do not have access to the parent portal on Infinite Campus please contact our front office to gain access. The parent portal will allow you to check your child's grades and receive important updates. Progress reports and report cards for the 2021 - 2022 school year will be accessed through Infinite Campus.
- Students can enter the school starting at 8:20 am. Students are not supervised prior to 8:20 am.
- There will be no checkouts after 3:20 pm.
- Dismissal time begins at 3:50 pm. All students should be picked up by 4:30 pm. Please make arrangements for your student to be picked up prior to 4:30 pm. If you would like to request a bus for transportation please contact the office at (706) 748 - 3203.
If your student texts you that they are not feeling well (for any reason), please remind them they need to be seen in the clinic. Parents, please help us continue to strive for a healthy environment by not sending children to school who aren't feeling well. Thank you! As we head into fall, please remember that several allergy symptoms mimic those of Covid. If your child suffers from fall allergies, please consider having your care provider complete a health care plan or provide a letter listing your child's allergy diagnosis and possible symptoms to avoid being sent home with an Exclusion Letter.
If students are at home due to needing to quarantine but are healthy please continue to complete assignments on Canvas. All VMMS teachers have Canvas pages with updated assignments. Canvas pages can be located at http://sites.muscogee.k12.ga.us/vmms/departments/
If your child is in band or orchestra, please ensure that your child brings home and practices their instrument on a daily basis.
Student Government will be electing officer positions and members. We are excited to start a Student Government Association at VMMS!
The VMMS Robotics Team practices Monday - Thursday from 4:05 pm - 5:00 pm.
Congratulations to our girls' and boys' soccer teams! The boys finished with a record of 5-1-1 before falling short in a hard fought game to Faith Middle School in the 1st round of the playoffs. The girls had a regular season record of 6-0-1 and have advanced to the semi final round to take on Aaron Cohn Middle School on October 6th. Please consider coming out to Kinnett Stadium on Wednesday, October 6th @ 5:30 pm to cheer on our girls!
We have multiple extra curricular opportunities for our students to include; athletics, FBLA, FCA, BETA Club, NJHS, Debate Team, band, chorus, orchestra, and theatre arts club. Please encourage your student to participate and take part in one of our many extra curricular events.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/vmmsrangers
Veterans Memorial Middle School - (706) 748-3203
Mr. Ogburn, Principal - email@example.com
Mrs. Sanders, Assistant Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Wright, Counselor - email@example.com
Mrs. Morgan, PTO - firstname.lastname@example.org