Keeping you up to date on information and important dates.
Nipmuc New Student Orientation 2020-2021
While most classes will access their information online and through digital resources, there are a few classes at Nipmuc that utilize a physical book and/or materials kit. There are still materials here for students to pick-up. If your student still has something to pick-up those materials can be found in the main entrance of Nipmuc and can be picked up from 7am - 2pm this week.
NIPMUC VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE
Nipmuc Virtual Open House
Thursday, Sep. 24th, 7-8pm
This is an online event.
Included below is some key information about our open house.
- The classes will meet using the following schedule:
A Block: 7:00pm - 7:12pm
B Block: 7:15pm - 7:27pm
C Block: 7:30pm - 7:42pm
D Block: 7:45pm - 8pm.
- Students are invited to take part in our open house, acting as a guide to help parents access each virtual classroom.
- If your child can't attend, that's fine too. Earlier today, during today's first class we asked all students to complete a form that includes their courses and links to their virtual classrooms. Students were then asked to forward that email to their parents so that you can easily copy and paste the links for each course into your browser.
- At the current time more than 80% of our students have completed this form that includes your access codes for open house.
- If you did not receive that email from your child, please contact them so they can share this information with you. We want to be sure that all parents have the information they need to attend this virtual event on Thursday.
MURSD MEAL PROGRAM
Dear MURSD Families-
The district will be starting a weekly boxed meal program, free of charge, for pick up at the school you designate. The boxed meal items are for 7 days of breakfast and lunch items and consist of frozen, fresh and dry food items.
This is a weekly program and pick up days are Wednesdays 11:30am-12:30pm at the front entrance of the school. So that we may appropriately plan how many boxed meals we need starting Wednesday, September 23, please complete this short survey.
If you have any questions, please email Food Services Director Dianne Mucci at firstname.lastname@example.org
SAT At Nipmuc This Week
A reminder to those seniors who will be taking the SAT this Wednesday, September 23 here at Nipmuc that testing will take place beginning promptly at 7:30am. Mrs. Towne sent an email out to those students with further details and protocols. Thank you to our school counseling department for offering these opportunities.
WIN Block: Student Advisory
WIN block provides some flexible time to support relationships, connections, learning, and more. Some of the uses of WIN Block include:
- Access school counselors and students support services staff.
- Participation in clubs and activities.
- Hosting class meetings.
- Meetings with advisory groups.
- Connections with students that need support. (extra help, AP, etc.)
WIN block meets for 32 minutes each Wednesday during remote and hybrid schedules. It meets every day from 1:24 - 2pm during the in-person schedule. During tomorrow's session we look forward to hosting our first advisory meeting of the year.
Virtual Office Hours
We have just a few more senior portrait opportunities coming up. If you have not yet had your senior portrait taken by Prestige Portraits, please sign up as soon as possible! If you need your code, you can email Ms. Swenson (email@example.com) or Mrs. Hefez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The next sessions are scheduled to take place Monday, 10/5, Tuesday, 10/6, and Monday, 10/26.
NOVEMBER 1, 2020: All yearbook photos (portrait, second, and baby) are due. There are three ways to submit photos:
Select through the Prestige portal online.
Email digital files to email@example.com.
Bring hardcopies to Mrs. Hefez or Mrs. Swenson in the School Counseling Center.
DECEMBER 15, 2020: Likes, Memories, and Quotes due. You will receive a Google form at the beginning of December.