Altius Ninja News
UNAA Area Qualifiers
U9 Gavin and U13s Dylan and Kylie all traveled down to Chicago for the Flipside December Challenge. All three qualified for Regionals!
We hope to see many more qualifications happen this weekend at our very own event on Sunday!
Registration Closes This Saturday!
The Ultimate Ninja Athlete Association (UNAA) organizes events worldwide. Competitions have age groups ranging from 6&7-year-olds all the way to adults!
Contestants compete on a challenging course hoping to score high enough to qualify for the next round. Area Qualifiers are the first step, followed by Regionals, and then finally, the World Championships. Worlds are in Orlando next July, and we hope to see tons of Altius Ninjas representing!
- 7U - 10:30am
- 9U - 11:30am
- 11U - 1:00pm
- 13U - 2:30pm
- 15 & Adults - 4:00pm
A full schedule will be sent out when registration closes Saturday!
What is UNAA? How does it work?
All UNAA Competitions are run on a points system, with three strikes. Every obstacle is worth either one or two points, and if there is a fail (zero points earned), that counts as one strike. After three fails, the ninja is able to keep going, but their score stops with their last completed obstacle before the third fail. Time is the tiebreaker.
UNAA competitions have 16 different divisions, 10 of which are for youth competitors and are based on age and gender.
- 7 & Under Boys and 7 & Under Girls
- 9 & Under Boys and 9 & Under Girls
- 11 & Under Boys and 11 & Under Girls
- 13 & Under Boys and 13 & Under Girls
- 15 & Under Boys and 15 & Under Girls
A competitor's age is their age as of January 1st, 2023. If your son is seven now but turning eight on February 2nd, they still compete the entire season in the 7 & Under Boys division because on 1/1/23 they were still seven.
Once students are 16, they move into the Adult Amateur divisions.
There are essentially four levels of competition that a Ninja has to get through to be a World Champion.
- Area Qualifiers. These guys run from September through March. The top 3 in each Division or 50% (whichever is higher) qualify for the next phase.
- Regional Qualifiers. They run from April to June. The top 3 in each division, or 20% qualify for the World Championship Preliminaries
- World Championship Preliminaries. This is a single event held in July in Orlando. The top 15 or 20% of finishers move on to the World Championship Finals
- World Championship Finals. These are also in Orlando, a day or two after the Prelims. A Ninja's final placing is their Prelim score combined with their Finals score.
As mentioned earlier, you can travel and compete in as many Area Qualifiers as you'd like. The same goes for Regional competitions. The more competitions you attend, the more chances you have to qualify for the next round.
Winter Ninja League
Ninja League is a competitive program open to children ages 6-14.
Each competition consists of two different courses, with a short practice time before each competition. Competitors will receive awards for each course, as well as combined awards out of 100 points at each Event. Overall Season Awards will be given based on each student's best three performances.
Registration in a Ninja Class is not required!
Competitions are Friday Nights - January 20th, January 27th, February 10th, March 3rd
Our Elite Area has a new set of Hand Hooks. These require Ninjas to unhook with each hand, move upwards on an angle, rehook, and repeat! They test grip, shoulder strength, and the ability to aim for a very small target!
This jumbo-sized fidget spinner requires you to get your body moving in order to swing or jump to the next obstacle. Don't get too dizzy!
The Doorknobs are another upper-body obstacle that tests grip and shoulder strength. There are many ways to do them- grabbing from the front, from the side, swinging monkey-bar style- just don't slip!
Jumping, Balancing, and Strength are the keys to Ninja growth.
We love tracking progress in our program and encourage students to always strive for their personal best! You can follow along with your child's accomplishments at AltiusNinja.com.
We test twelve skills throughout the year, and we've looked at four of those already. here is what they are and a little more about what we've been up to!
Ninja & Climbing Extra Practice
January 6th & 13th
Ages 6 - 14
Open Practice allows active Ninja and Gymnastics students extra time on our Ninja stations and Climbing walls. Students are allowed on that equipment only.
Cost : $10 for One Child, $8 for Siblings
Advanced Registration is Required - Members Only
Other Upcoming UNAA Events
- December 31st - World Class Dragons - Belleville (near St. Louis), IL
- January 7th - Conquer Ninja - Fargo, ND
- January 28th-29th - Conquer Ninja - Minnesota
- January 29th - Ninja U - Cedar Falls, IA
- February 11th-12th - Fly Kids - Cincinnati, OH
- February 11th-12th - Tri County Ninja - Fenton (near Detroit), MI