Mrs. Wagler's Class Newsletter
May 9 - 13
- Word Study: Prefixes
- No new Journeys story: Next week we will be choosing our favorite story to re-read from Book One.
- Traditional Literature Unit: We've been exploring traditional literature, reading fairytales, folktales, legends, myths, porquois, and tall tales! We visited Mrs. Patterson to have her share her favorite stories with us too!
Currently reading: The World According to Humphrey (one of Mrs. Wagler's favorite series!)
We finished up our poetry learning with free verse, haikus, couplets and cinquains. We practiced oral story telling to connect to our reading unit.
- Unit 9 Review + Assessment
Lifeskill of the Week: Motivation
Second Grade Rocks COUNTDOWN!
We celebrated with
- silly sock day
- estimation day (How many Skittles...? + various math activities)
- compliment day (Each student arrived with a sticky note compliment on their desk. We made name posters and our classmates filled in compliments around us!)
- outside day (We played "kickball" with Mrs. Busch's class!)
Specials schedule for next week:
Thursday: Computer Lab