Blair Oaks High School - November 20, 2018
Thanksgiving Football Game
State Semifinal Football Game:
- Blair Oaks Falcons vs. Lutheran North Crusaders
- Date: Saturday, November 24, 2018
- Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Falcon Athletic Complex
- Admission: $7.00, no passes allowed
- Please do not bring any outside food or drinks in the complex.
Come out and support the Blair Oaks Falcon football team as they compete in the state semifinals game. You inspire our team to play its best!
Final Four T-Shirt Pick-Up
- What: Final Four shirt orders may be picked up at the athletic complex
- When: Friday, 11/23/2018, from 4-5:30 p.m.
Our team received over 400 shirt orders in less than 36 hours! So much love in the community for these players! It takes a village, no pun intended, to make all that happen!
- Blair Oaks FFA is selling t-shirts to support their club
- T-Shirts are $10.
- Hoodies are $20.
- Designs may be viewed here.
To order, send your name, selection, and payment to the high school office by Tuesday, Nov. 20th. Delivery will occur before Christmas. If you have any questions, contact Jeff Suthoff by e-mail at email@example.com.
Blair Oaks Athletic Booster Club Falcon Wear
- The Athletic Booster Club is offering NEW Holiday Falcon Wear.
- The order form is now available, see link below; only online orders will be accepted.
- Order deadline is November 11/27/18.
Thank you for supporting your Blair Oaks Athletics!
Jefferson City Support Group is hosting an event featured Kevin Hines and Suicide - The Ripple Effect.
- When: November 29, 2018
- Time: 6:00pm Book Signing, 6:30pm Speaker, 7:00pm Documentary, followed by Q&A
- Where: Miller Performing Arts Center, 501 Madison Street, JC
- Why: Education on mental illness and suicide prevention
- Event Flyer
“Suicide: The Ripple Effect” is a feature length documentary film focusing on the devastating effects of suicide and the tremendous positive ripple effects of advocacy, inspiration and hope that are helping millions heal & stay alive.
The film highlights the story of Kevin Hines, who at age 19, attempted to take his life by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge. Today Kevin is a world-renowned mental health advocate, motivational speaker and author who travels the globe spreading his message of hope, recovery and wellness.
Dual Credit Classes
Students interested in taking second semester dual credit classes should be aware of the following dates:
- On December 4th, State Technical College will be at the high school to visit with students who wish to take 2nd semester dual credit classes.
- Central Methodist University enrollment forms are available in the counseling office
- Enrollment & payment deadline is Tuesday, December 13th.
All forms and payments must be submitted to Jill Shanley in Blair Oaks High School's counseling office.
2nd Semester Schedule Changes
- Schedule change forms may be picked up from the student's counselor.
- All second semester schedule changes must be made prior to Christmas break.
- Any student wanting to drop or enter a year-long class will need to complete a schedule change form and get 4 required signatures
Senior Picture Retake Date
Wagner Portrait Group will be at school on Thursday, December 6th, to retake Senior Composite photographs. These are used for the group photo that hangs in the school hallway.
GUYS will be photographed in a solid colored long sleeve dress shirt and tie. Please dress accordingly.
GIRLS will be photographed in a traditional drape provided by Wagner Portrait Group. For your comfort and modesty, we suggest wearing a tank-top that has thin straps that can easily be pulled down when putting on the drape.
Wagner Portrait Group will also provide Caps & Gowns for all students.
Choir and band students invite you to join them for their Christmas concerts:
- December 9, 2:00 p.m., Choir Christmas Concert
Guests arriving early will be treated to a pre-show beginning at 1:30 p.m.
- December 9, 4:00 p.m., Band Christmas Concert
Both concerts will be held in the high school gym.
Additional Choir Activities:
- December 1, 10:00 a.m., Select Choir will be performing at Festival of Trees in Columbia
- Dececember 14, 6:30 p.m., Select Choir will be performing at the Dome in the Capitol
- Fans of all ages may be interested in the basketball games. Brackets for the Shootout (Dec. 15), Machens Great 8 Tournament at JCHS. and the State Farm Tournament at Helias (Dec 27-29) are in links below.
- Students from every level and adults might be interested in the Slam Dunk/3 Point Contest (Dec. 28). -- This event is at JCHS. -- Info in links below.
- Elementary students might be interested in the Kids' Clinic. (Dec. 27 and Grades K-6).
Scholastic is once again providing books for the participants and each participant will receive a Kids' Clinic t-shirt. Address any questions regarding the Kids' Clinic to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note this event is at HELIAS this year due to construction at JCHS. Info in links.
Jefferson City High School is undergoing extensive renovations this year and next. Review link below for construction related information if you are participating in any of the events. Take special note of fan parking, bus parking, ADA accessibility, and the new temporary entrance.
FLCN News Network
- November 20 - Pre-ACT
- November 21 - 23 - Thanksgiving break
- November 29 - Kevin Hines speaker - Suicide Prevention
- December 6 - Senior Picture Retake Date
- December 9 - Band and choir concert
- December 13 - Dual credit enrollment deadline
- January 9 - Blair Oaks HS Library
- January 25 - Winterfest Assembly
- January 26 - Winterfest Dance