NEU Pence Elementary
March 13 - March 17
6th Grade Picture Day
Coffee with the Principal
Join Pence PTA
Just a reminder that you can still submit your Parent Survey, please follow the link below and submit by Friday March 17.
California School Parent Survey, 2022-2023 Pence Elementary
Your school needs you to complete this online survey to learn more about your opinions about it. This survey is an opportunity to communicate your perceptions about your child’s school. This letter explains the survey and, at the bottom of the page, provides your URL and access instructions. The purpose of this survey is to obtain parent perceptions about the school. Your participation is voluntary. It is also very important.
The information you provide will help guide district and school efforts to promote safety, enhance learning supports, and improve student achievement.
● This is an anonymous survey. It is designed so that no one can be identified from the data. You do not have to respond to any questions that you feel could be used to identify you. Simply skip any such questions.
● All questions apply to this school only.
● The results are for the use of our district and school. The California Department of Education and WestEd will preserve data confidentiality and refer any data requests to the district.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING THE SURVEY If you have more than one child at this school, you will only need to complete one survey for this school. Please fill out just one survey about the school using your oldest child as a reference. Access the survey using the following URL: https://wested.ugam-apps.com/wed/ts/um6v
If you are having trouble taking the survey, check the following: .
● Make sure you are entering the web site address correctly.
● Does the survey welcome page show the correct name of your school?
● Make sure you have entered the URL (in the URL bar, NOT THE SEARCH BAR)
Thank you for taking this important survey!
New and Returning Students may now submit their Registration on ParentVue at sbusd.org
CURRENT SBUSD Families
You may click the link below to submit your Student Registration for the upcoming 2023-2024 School Year.
Pence Families are current SBUSD families, even if you are enrolling a new student please use this same link, user name and password as you have used to register your students in previous years.
Do you need help filling out the registration application?
Registration Application Support at Pence
If you need support completing the online application, please be aware that we will have dedicated Registration Support on Wednesdays from 2:30-4:30pm and Thursdays from 3:30pm-4:30pm.
If you require support outside of these days and times, please contact the office to schedule an appointment at (619) 662-8100.
*If you have trouble logging in, please call us to assist prior to making an appointment*
*** Important Dates to Remember ***
March 20 - March 31
Back to School
Monday April 3rd
Stay Connected with Pence Elementary
- Please visit our School's Website for all the most requested information including Schedules, Minimum Days, Student School Year Calendar, Upcoming Events and our Family Handbook.
- You can also contact us at Let's Talk on the District's Website, you will find the link on the left-hand side of the main page.
- If you ever need to revisit previous editions of our Family Friday Newsletter please visit our website under News and Communications menu, then Weekly Family Newsletter
Military Families' Corner
Please see below for upcoming events and information pertaining to our Military Families:
San Diego Upcoming Events: https://www.sandiego.org/explore/events.aspx
Naval Base San Diego: https://sandiego.navylifesw.com/
Please see below for more information on upcoming events for Military Families:
Next Teen Night: Friday, February 24, March 3 & 17, 4-8 pm
Silver Strand Youth Center, 1302 Leyte Road
All teens, 13-18 years, are welcome to join the fun! Games, music, snacks, and group activities. Be sure to bring a friend (military or civilian)! The Silver Strand Teen Program provides an important opportunity for teens to mature socially and emotionally while focusing on character development, leadership, communication and self-esteem.
CAMP CORRAL FREE SUMMER CAMP OPPORTUNITY FOR MILITARY KIDS - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Over the last 12 years, Camp Corral has served more than 30,000 military-connected children from across the country. Their one-of-a-kind program is tailored to address the most common needs and concerns of military children to include finding peer connections, creating support systems, building confidence, and learning coping skills. Children who participate in their programs experience adventure, test their limits, challenge their fears, celebrate their accomplishments, and make life affirming friendships that assure them they are not alone. Camp Corral is open to children ages 8-15 who have a guardian that is a wounded, ill or injured military/veteran. This is a one-week summer camp that is NO COST to the families.
CALIFORNIA STATE LIBRARY PARKS PASS
Californians can now check out a FREE vehicle day-use pass at your local public library for entry to over 200 participating state parks. The pass is valid for entry of one passenger vehicle with the capacity of nine people or less or one highway licensed motorcycle. For full details and to view an interactive map with CA’s public libraries and nearby participating state parks, visit https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=30806.
SAN DIEGO ZOO AND SAN DIEGO ZOO SAFARI PARK FREE ADMISSION FOR ACTIVE DUTY ALL YEAR
Active duty U.S. Armed Forces personnel receive free admission (all year long) and all the benefits of the 1-Day Pass to the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park upon presenting a Common Access Card (CAC) or Uniformed Services ID Card at the front gates. Complimentary admission is reserved exclusively for active duty service members upon presenting valid ID. Military spouses and dependents 3 years and older are encouraged to purchase discounted tickets through the base MWR Ticket Office or may receive a 10% discount off the 1-Day Pass at a park ticket window.
SEAWORLD FREE ADMISSION FOR ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY AND FAMILIES
For your service and sacrifice, SeaWorld thanks and salutes you. SeaWorld holds the men and women of our armed forces and their families in the highest regard, and are honored to host you at their parks as their guests. Through the Waves of Honor program, military personnel and up to three direct dependents may enjoy one complimentary admission to SeaWorld® San Diego. Offer is available online and for visitation thru Dec. 31, 2023.
We are still accepting yearbook pre-orders priced at $15 until Friday March 17
When we come back from Spring Break,
pre-order price will go up to $17
Please contact your student's teacher if you have any questions
Pence Elementary School
Office Hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Maria Preciado - email@example.com
- Administrative Secretary:
- Attendance Secretary:
- Stop by the office OR
- Send an email to Karla Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Return the blue slip to the office or to your child's classroom teacher
- We would like to remind our Pence Families that parents and guardians are not allowed inside the campus due to the Covid restrictions.
- For the most updated COVID Information and Decision Tree, please visit the District's website.