The HOOT @ OV
Oxford Valley Elementary School Faculty & Staff Newsletter
September 30, 2016 - Rotation Day 2
"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." Jimmy Dean
Important Dates - Coverages - Birthdays
Staff Absences and Coverages:
Birthdays this month:
- 9/22 - NEW DATE: FACULTY MEETING
- 9/23 - Prof. Staff Manual Signature Page is due
- 9/23 - No Place For Hate Assembly @ 9:15
- 9/26 - District-wide GLM 3rd @ SDR/PHSWest
- 9/27 - District-wide GLM 4th @ SDR/PHSWest
- 9/28 - District-wide GLM 5th @ SDR/PHSWest
Daily Information and Updates
- TEACHERS & Guidance: Please submit your "Classroom Happenings" to MIchele Coombs by TODAY Friday, Sept. 30th for our OCT/NOV Newsletter. This will also be in a new format, so please be concise.
- L.Y.F.T. AWARD: The character trait for the month of September is RESPONSIBILITY. See below for the criteria. The nomination form was sent to you via email. Nominations are due to me by Friday, Sept. 30th.
RESPONSIBILITY: Young person accepts and takes personal responsibility for his/her behavior. Young person accepts and takes personal responsibility for his/her actions and decisions at home, and/or at school, and/or community. Young person acknowledges mistakes and apologizes when appropriate. Young person follows through with assignments, activities, and other commitments.
- ATTN ALL TEACHERS:
- When you move your class to another location (i.e. Courtyard, extra recess, another classroom, etc...) you MUST send the office a note with the new location and time you will be there. You must communicate this NO LATER than the morning of this change. Thanks ~DLM
- Also, please answer your phone when the office calls. Check the volume on your phones so that you are aware it is ringing. We will try not to call at inopportune times, but there are times when we need to reach you.
- Please submit your SLO (can be math or writing) on PAETEP by this Friday, 9/30.
- Also, please complete your Differentiated Growth Option on PAETEP by 10/5.
- Thank you ~DLM
- TEACHERS: When submitting your dues for the Sunshine club, please make checks payable to: "Oxford Valley Sunshine". Thanks ~Sunshine Committee
- DATA MINING: Just to alleviate some of the stress/confusion - you all already have plenty of data. Items such as running records, DRAs, assignment grades, attendance, etc... are all very good data. Do not stress over WHAT data, let's take a look at HOW we interpret then use the data. Best ~DLM
- Parent-Teacher Conferences: Schedule as follows:
- Friday, 11/18 is a full work day w/afternoon conferences
- Monday, 11/21 is full work day with evening conferences
- Tuesday, 11/22 is the teacher 1/2 day
- CLASS TRIPS: Please have your destinations locked down this month
- Morning or Afternoon Announcements: If you need to have something announced in the morning, please leave me a physical note in a folder in my mailbox. It will get passed on to Lisa G for the PM announcements. Thanks ~DLM