Haley's Coaching Corner
---------------Keeping Elliott teachers in the KNOW!
- The 2nd grade team is thinking deeply about how to build a firm foundation in retelling to prepare students for summarizing!
- Take a learning walk to 1st grade collaborative planning to hear their rigorous discourse about standards!
- Love the Throwback Thursday looks today!
- Kinder thinks the strategy group lesson template from their Math PD Tuesday could be used in other areas, too!
- 3 day weekend starts now!
Please continue to watch the videos in Eduphoria before starting each new cluster. Curriculum writers have included the videos to provide you with additional information about how the cluster is organized.
3rd grade Teach Transform Resource:
The focus of this book is on area and perimeter. As soon as the book is delivered, I will bring it to you! You will love it!
This video provides helpful information about supporting students starting in Kindergarten as they transition to the standard algorithm for addition and subtraction. This is worth 7 minutes!
Please register for the district ELAR PDs. You can find the PDs listed in Eduphoria Workshop by date. Be sure to register for your PD at least a couple days before, as sometimes it will not let you register within a 24 hour period of the event.
Please note the change for first grade professional learning. This change has been made in Eduphoria Workshop and teachers who were already registered have been notified via email. Thank you!
- Kindergarten - Friday, April 1st - 7:20-8:20 AM - Admin Training Rooms (Click here to register.)
- First Grade - New Date and Location - Friday, April 8th - 7:20-8:20 AM - CTE Center(Click here to register.)
*Only 1 team member needs to attend the ELAR PD. Please make arrangements with your team for them to cover your class until your return.
We are excited about the professional learning scheduled for the spring! Teachers are bringing an example/artifact of how they have used the ELAR cluster pre-assessments to create CFAs. They will be sharing ideas and reflecting on our learning with these guiding questions:
Please be prepared to answer the following question about your artifact:
- How has this artifact allowed for targeted differentiation for students?
- What is the evidence of student learning from your artifact?
- How is student growth measured and celebrated with this artifact?
Links to Past Smores
March 2 - https://www.smore.com/j1gve
February 18 - https://www.smore.com/2jtrc
February 12 - https://www.smore.com/spv94
February 8 - https://www.smore.com/vz0ep
January 25 - https://www.smore.com/yxm17
January 15 - https://www.smore.com/awank
January 4 - https://www.smore.com/v5dgr
December 17 - https://www.smore.com/jcya1
December 11 - https://www.smore.com/4gd94
November 30 - https://www.smore.com/c0f1p
November 9 - https://www.smore.com/h5q9t
October 23 - https://www.smore.com/94rrc
October 19 - https://www.smore.com/qzabx
October 9 - https://www.smore.com/txdtb
September 30 - https://www.smore.com/k84un
September 24 - https://www.smore.com/bvsfv
September 16 - https://www.smore.com/2pdmg
September 11 - https://www.smore.com/v9gjt
September 3 - https://www.smore.com/yprnr
August 30 - https://www.smore.com/rhvcq
August 24 - https://www.smore.com/z18rk