HS Weekly Road Map - 11/16/15
Today we LEARN. Tomorrow we LEAD!
PRIORITIES FOR THIS WEEK!
Tuesday- Friday- CC, Small Group, Back on Track Plans
Thursday- Upload new data info into the DDI Google Doc by COB.
Friday- DDI Check-In Meetings
Friday- Personal Performance Goal Survey should be completed.
Please be sure and get welcome calls done by the deadlines!
DDI Check-In Meetings
Please show up on time to your meeting and be prepared. If we all do our part, the meetings will be more meaningful.
Thank you! :)
Updates from Sarah Robinson!
Updates from Sarah Robinson:
1) Do you know of any upcoming Career or College Fairs in your area? We would like to offer these unique opportunities to our families. Please send me an email with the details, even if you can’t attend.
2) Would you like to sign up to ATTEND an outing? Remember this year we are limiting the number of staff that can attend an outing, so be aware of that when you sign up. There are tabs at the bottom with the months listed. Click here to sign up to attend an outing. J https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EYUbW7hqEB1ribUfqW_fTWM_9gH3rl7v08JlJi5ln0Q/edit?pli=1#gid=1325209227
3) Would you like to HOST an outing? Each time a teacher HOSTS an outing, his/her name goes into a hat for a $50 basket of goodies. These baskets will be presented to the 6 winners at our next PD in Lewisville. There will be three 3rd-8th grade teachers that win and three HS teachers that win. If you don’t ever host any outings then your name won’t go into the hat. Each time you host, your name goes into the hat! We are doing this as an incentive to get outings offered in MORE areas in Texas. Please consider it. Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with the bulleted specifics. No links to websites please. Keep your testing calendar nearby because we cannot approve any STAAR or TAKS testing dates. Please give 30 days’ notice. If you choose an outdoor outing please include a plan B (specific details) in your email.
-date and time
-maximum capacity if possible
4) Did you know that we offer a Mentor Meet Up twice a month? Do you think your new learning coaches would like to be connected with some experienced learning coaches? This is a great time for any learning coach to be encouraged, get some tips, and make new connections. They are being held in Sarah Robinson’s room (link is sent out to families) at 4:00pm. Here are the dates for the fall. 11/12, 11/30, 12/15Please see the attached health screening locations and dates. If one of them is near you, please consider hosting an outing that is close by (like a museum, pizza shop, ice cream place, etc.) so families can combine their trip with their screening.
TOPS STAFF DIRECTORY: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mOk4TKKXnzpLTbborWndNW6UBTEmz5YkOXNKKEdfBnY/edit?usp=sharing
READ ACADEMIC SERVICES NEWSLETTER: Located in your K12 Training Account
COMPLETE PERFORMANCE GOALS SURVEY
K12 TRAINING INFORMATION
-This year K12 National Professional Development sessions are encouraged, but not required.-The Teach Like a Champion “Systems and Routines” series is required. Please space out the sessions and have them all complete by May 1st, 2016.
There are 6 sessions (1 live and 5 asynchronous). These can be completed in any order.
Don't forget to log in and read the Academic Services Newsletter!
No Shout-Outs This Week!
SEND A SPECIAL "PAWS FOR PRAISE" TO YOUR WELL-DESERVED STUDENTS!
KUDOS FROM YOUR STUDENTS!
Submitting a Ticket to the Help Desk
2ND FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Staff Meeting and Professional Development
3RD FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Committee Mtgs. / DDI Check-Ins
4TH FRIDAY OF THE MONTH: Team Meeting
For Your Information
K12 Clubs: We need to be sure all teachers and advisors are sharing the information about our student clubs for our students who are interested in building social relationships with other students through shared interests.www.k12.com/k12-student-clubs
Staff Directory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11W5O4tiRW0oGdZL7pGgJs44OkOAKEOAKdrEat5XDCTU/edit#gid=0
- Log into Lync by 8:00am daily
- Log into K12 Training on a regular basis!
- Keep all TVS notes updated and timely
- Keep all grades updated.
- Please remember the expectation to respond to all messages within 24 hours!
- Purchase "Rigor is NOT a Four Letter Word" for Book Study
- DDI CHECK-INS THIS FRIDAY! Please remember to upload your DDI updated information 24 hours before your scheduled meeting.
If you’ve had Excel slow down or continuously crash, it is likely the issue is with the BluEtooth add-in.
Here are directions for how to disable the add-in from IT:
Have them download and run that. It disables the send to Bluetooth add-in. If that still doesn’t work, they may have the 32 bit office instead of the 64 bit version. If that’s the case, they need to put in a ticket for assistance switching versions.
In Firefox, I downloaded it then opened it from Downloads so that I could run it.