Home of the Cougars: Week of August 28th
Message from the Principal
Dear Kimball Hill Families,
It was so nice to see so many parents at our Parent Orientation. Thank you for taking the time to attend this important event! We know how extremely hot it was and we appreciate your commitment to our school!
We hope you can join us at the "Back to School Picnic and Bash" on August 30th from 5:30 - 7:00 PM. Bring a picnic dinner and enjoy music from DJ Julie, Kona Ice (fundraiser!), and Lincoln Land Kettlecorn. This event is hosted by our PTA and it is a great way for our kids to play together outside of school and build relationships.
As always, please feel free to reach out to me with any major concerns, feedback or questions. Have a wonderful weekend!
Kimball Hill Principal
MAP Testing- 2nd-6th Grade
The NWEA MAP Test (Measures of Academic Progress) is an adaptive achievement and growth test that all students in grades 2-6th are required to take. It creates a personalized assessment experience by adapting to each student's learning level—precisely measuring progress and growth for each individual student. If a student correctly answers a MAP question, the computer assessment provides a harder question next. If they miss that same question, then an easier MAP question is asked. This provides essential information about what the student knows and is ready to learn. Students will begin testing this week and for more information, please contact your child's teacher.
Boys & Girls Club
Room Reps Wanted
We are looking for Room Rep volunteers to help plan and coordinate the Halloween and Valentine's Day parties. If you are interested, please check this form to see the teachers that still need volunteers. https://tinyurl.com/zhcs2yyu Please note: You must be a current PTA member to volunteer.
- Stay connected! Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/KimballHillPta) or follow us on Instragram (@KimballHillPTA).
- If you haven't done so already, please consider becoming a PTA member this school year! https://kimballhillpta.memberhub.com/store
- A welcome treat share with teachers- pics below!
Drop Off/Pick Up Reminders
As a reminder, there is no parking on Meadow Drive in front of the school. Please refrain from parking on Meadow Drive in front of the school as it is causing a major disruption to our pick up procedures. Below are additionals reminders for pick up. Thank you for working with us to ensure everyone is safe.
- All vehicles using the front semi-circle should enter at the north end and exit at the south end; otherwise please feel free to use street parking.
- Please continue to pull all the way forward to allow for a continuous, safe flow of cars.
- Parents will need to remain in their car when their student(s) enters the vehicle.
- Staff will assist to ensure your child gets to your car safely.
- Please remind your child to enter the car on the side of the school, if possible.
- Feel free to display your child's name and teacher/grade in windshield.
- To avoid a bottleneck, please consider parking along School Street, following street signs. Children can then walk to the car. The residential side of School Street is a public street- all traffic laws do apply. Please be aware of blocking the driveways of private homes- this is prohibited. The RMPD will enforce parking restrictions. Parents are urged to adhere. There is also street parking or you may use the Jewel lot.
- All students that qualified for bussing, will take a bus home.
Walking to School/Crossing Guards: If your child walks to school, we have adult crossing guards that are provided by the Rolling Meadows Police Department. Please take advantage of these services at the following locations:
- Kirchoff and Meadow
- School Street and Meadow
- Campbell and Meadow
ECDEC, Dual Kindergarten, Grades 1st-6th
- Monday-Thursday: 8:25 am – 3:05 pm
- Friday: 8:25 am – 2:15 pm
- Monday-Thursday: 8:25 am – 11:00 am
- Friday: 8:25 am – 10:35 am
- Monday-Thursday: 12:30 pm – 3:05 pm
- Friday: 12:05 pm – 2:15 pm
Office Hours: 7:25 am – 3:55 pm, Monday- Friday
Doors open at 8:10am for students who need breakfast! All other students should plan to arrive closer to 8:20am. School begins at 8:25am and students will be marked tardy after 8:25.