Becoming a U.S. Citizen
By; Lauren and Mya
- Be at least 18 .
- Have a Green Card for 5 years .
- Continuously living in the U.S. for 5 years .
- Show you physically lived there for 30 months .
- Lived in the U.S. for at least three months.
- showing good attitude.
- Demonstrate principals and idea;s of U.S. Constitution.
- Have to be able read ,write ,and speak basic English.
- Understand U.S. history and government.
- Make an oath of allegiance to the U.S.
The Steps to Become a U.S. Citizen
- Determine if they are already a U.S. citizen
- Showing if your old enough to qualify
- Prepare for Citizen test
- Submitting citizen test for naturalization
- Need to get your finger prints scanned for FBI
- Do a interview
- Receive an application
- Get a notice for the pledge
- Take the pledge
- understand U.S.