SWITZER (SUMMER) UPDATE
June 17, 2022
Update from Mr. Palmer
Happy summer Switzer,
As the the students left, I made them all promise to:
1. Be safe and look both ways when they cross the street.
2. Listen to their parents.
3. Read at least 3 books.
Please remind them of their promise.
Thank you for your support in another great year at Switzer.
Next School Year
At this time of year many things are happening at home and at school. At school we are busy taking inventory, placing orders for next year, and most importantly, organizing next year’s classes.
Please let us know if you do not plan on attending Switzer for the 2022/2023 school year. If we don’t hear from you, we will assume that at this time you do plan to return in the fall.
Classroom Supply Lists
The following lists are as of June 2022. Please know there could be some changes come August/September.
•Large Backpack- Labeled
• Lunchbox/Water Bottle – Labeled
• Extra Change of Clothes -Labeled in zip lock bag
• 2-3 Boxes of Kleenex
• 12 Glue Sticks
• 2 boxes 24 Count Crayola Crayons
• #2 Ticonderoga Pencils
• Expo Dry Erase Markers
• 1 Box Gallon Size Ziplock Bags (Boys)
• 1 Box Sandwich Size Ziplock Bags (Girls)
• 8 Count Crayola Washable Markers
• 2 Bottles of Anti-Bacterial Soap
Glue sticks (12)
2 packs of Crayola twistable crayons (not pencils)
Fun folder (no prongs)
2 pack highlighters
Sharpened Ticonderoga pencils
· *2-24 pack crayons one in supply box one in ziplock bag. (One will be used after holiday break)
· *1 large eraser
· *1 pair of scissors
· *Thin Twistables
· *1 yellow highlighter
· *6 glue sticks-place 2 in child’s small, plastic school box and rest in ziplock bag.
· 1 Package Dry Erase Markers
· 1 Package Washable Markers
· 1 box snack sized Zip-loc bags-GIRLS
· 1 box sandwich sized Zip-loc bags-BOYS
1 pair of headphones
· 2 packages of presharpened Ticonderoga pencils
· 1 clear view 1 inch binder-WITH 25 page protectors unwrapped and inserted-LABELw/name
· 2 large boxes Tissues
1 hand soap (pump)
· 2 refills of unscented “Baby wipes”
1 container of clorox wipes.
· *1 small plastic school box-LABEL w/name and insert unwrapped, starred items from above. All items must fit inside the box, and be able to close!
colored pencils (2 packs of 12)
2-5 glue sticks
2 dry erase markers
2-pocket folder with prongs - this will go back and forth in backpack
2-pocket folder with or without prongs - this will stay in the desk
** Community supplies (tissues/hand soap) will be done by sign up in the fall.**
This list is a rough draft. Final copies of the list will be available closer to the first day of school. 😊
Simple Zippered Pouch for 3-Ring Binder (*This will be used for flashcards and paper items, not school supplies.)
Crayons (box of 24)
Colored Pencils (16 or more)
10 Pencils with Erasers
Small Personal Pencil Sharpener (one that holds the shavings)
1 Large Eraser
10 Glue Sticks
2 Fine Tip Dry Erase Markers (for use with white-board at desk)
Piece of Cloth or Old Clean Sock (to use as a personal white-board eraser)
Highlighters (blue, yellow, pink, green)
Personal Ear Buds or Headphones (for use with computers)
Small Supply Box
Kleenex (2 large boxes)
Pump Hand Soap
Boys: Gallon Size Zip-loc Bags, Container of Lysol or Clorox Wipes
Girls: Sandwich Size Zip-loc Bags, Package of Hand/Baby Wipes
*We have limited room in our desks so please keep markers and super-size crayon boxes at home.
Thank you for understanding!
**Your child will also need a pencil and some simple supplies at home for occasional homework.
1. **Pencils with handheld sharpener OR Mechanical pencils with extra lead
2. Crayons and/or colored pencils
4. Glue sticks – 3 or more
6. Color checking pen
7. Ruler – with metric and standard measures
8. One composition notebook
9. Expanding folder (Please label each section as follows: Homework/Notes, Science, Math, Social Studies, Writing, Spelling, Reading
10. KLEENEX!! (For classroom use) ☺
11. HAND SOAP! (For classroom use) ☺
12. Disinfecting wipes (For classroom use) ☺ 1
3. Durable backpack
14. One small crayon box/pencil case to hold supplies
15. Earbuds/Headphones (labeled -for personal use with computer)
**Students in Mrs. Romain’s class will also need Post-It Notes
5th Grade Supply List
• A good attitude
• 3 spiral notebooks (8 1/2 by 11)
• Composition Book for Journaling
• 1-2 highlighters
• Ruler-metric on one side, standard on other
• Glue Stick
• Crayons or colored pencils
• Keep some loose leaf paper at home.
• A silent reading book (have at all times)
• Please no trapper keepers, zippered notebooks, or
plastic boxes. We don't have enough space.
• We can always use cleaning wipes if you care to donate.
• 1 small pencil case or pouch – Please LABEL with name and fill with the starred items below (Pencil case needs to fit in desk):
• Thin twistables *
• 1 box of crayons*
• 1 box of markers *
• 1 large eraser *
• 1 pair of scissors *
• 1 pack of yellow highlighters *
• 2 glue sticks *
• 1.5 inch clear view binder with a pack of dividers WITH pockets unwrapped and inserted. Please LABEL binder with name.
• 1 pack of wide-ruled loose-leaf paper •
4 composition notebooks
• 1 pair of headphones
• 2 boxes of pre-sharpened Ticonderoga pencils
• 1 box of gallon or sandwich Ziplock bags – BOYS
• 1 box of Kleenex – BOYS
• 1 container of Clorox or unscented baby wipes – GIRLS
• 1 hand soap (pump) - GIRLS
• 4 Composition Notebooks Labeled: Math, Reading, Journal, and Social Studies
• Scissors • Several Glue Sticks
• Colored Pencils
• Several Pencils with Erasers
• Pencil Bag (Please make sure it can fit in your desk!)
• Personal Hand Sanitzer
Welcomed Classroom Donations
• Wet Ones/Clorox Type Wipes
• Hand Soaps
• Large Hand Sanitizers
• Sandwich Bags
String backpack for switching classes
Congratulations Science Olympiad Team!
Switzer Science Olympiad
Switzer students: Olivia Adams, Mikel Camaj, Levi Devereaux, Cole Hartley, Jacek Hartley, Madison LeBel, Caden Meyer, Serah Pinjo, Sheryl Pinjo, Graham Rockafellow, Luke Stroebel and Leo Zelley competed on May 14th at the Macomb County Science Olympiad Tournament. Switzer’s team competed in 10 of the 17 events. The team placed in 6 of those events!
1st place-Charged Up-Cole Hartley and Mikel Camaj
3rd place-Code Warriors-Sheryl and Serah Pinjo
5th place-Crash Car Eggspert-Luke Stroebel and Sheryl Pinjo
3rd place-Precision Ping Pong Propulsion-Levi Devereaux and Jacek Hartley
1st place-Simple Machines-Mikel Camaj and Cole Hartley
1st place-Weather or Not-SerahPinjo and Caden Meyer
The team worked really hard this season and we are so proud of them.
AMAZING JOB SWITZER SCIENCE OLYMPIAD!!!!