Monrovia Elementary School
Hawk Talk Newsletter
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. On September 12th MES students wore orange to support 3rd grader, Trey, Trey is currently battling Leukemia. We were so happy that Trey was well enough to return to school this year!
My School Fees
My School Fees
For your convenience, Monrovia Elementary School is implementing My School Fees. We will start by taking after school care payments for now. Within the next few weeks, we will add payment activities to included field trips, yearbooks, donations, class t-shirts and fundraisers.
If you are interested in using My School Fees, please take a moment to view the below video for detailed instructions.
Here are some basic instructions you will need to follow to ensure a successful experience with My School Fees.
- Visit our school website under resources then payment and you will find the My School Fees page. You may also pay by going to www.myschoolfees.com.
- From the Guest Login section of the page, select Monrovia Elementary from the drop down box.
- Select the category of the item you would like to pay.
- Click the Checkout button.
- Enter the name(s) of the person(s) receiving the item(s) and continue.
- At the Summary Page make sure that everything looks right and then click Check out.
- At the Checkout page, enter personal information, your credit card information, and click the Pay Fees button.
- Within a few minutes, you will receive an email confirmation of your transaction.
If you need any assistance, please contact Karen Kiger, our school bookkeeper, at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-2020 Madison County Schools Calendar
Are you moving?
2019-2020 PTA Board
Back Row Left to Right:
President ~ Michael Farley
VP of Fundraising ~ Sonja Medlen
Secretary~ Yushikau Howze
VP of Volunteering ~ Susan Boudreaux
Front Row Left to Right:
Jamillah Heater ~ VP of Membership
Jessica Neil ~ Treasurer
Front Office Procedures
Please join our email parent list.
Please go to this site and join to receive important information from Madison County schools and Monrovia Elementary.
In order to enter the building you must ring the doorbell located to the left of the main door. Ring the bell and wait for someone to answer and they will buzz you in.
All K-5 children must be dropped off in the car rider line between 7:10-7:40. If you have items that need to be dropped off to the front office please take your child through the car line first and then come to the office. Children cannot be brought through the front doors prior to 7:40 for school.
Children are late after 7:45 and must we walked in by a parent and signed in at the front office and receive a tardy pass. When checking in your child during the day please make sure a note is given to the front office so the tardy can be coded as excused or unexcused. Also when a child is absent a note must be provided so the absence can be coded correctly. We want to avoid truancy issues. Children cannot be checked out after 2 pm. To arrive on time for any appointments please have your child checked out prior to 2 pm to avoid any confusion.
The front office welcomes your calls with questions and concerns. Please feel free to call between 7:10 and 3 PM. The front office number is 256-851-4570. Our fax number is 256-851-4571.