Engaging students in thinking about their learning
What is your understanding of classroom PDSA?
1=I'm new with this PDSA thing, help please!
3=I understand PDSA, but am not sure why we use it in the classroom.
5=I think I understand the purpose behind class PDSA, but want to verify my thinking.
7=I understand the purpose, but need help communicating that to my teachers.
10=I fully understand the purpose behind classroom PDSA and regularly communicate that to my teachers.
CWT data (20 min.)
1. What were your strengths? Opportunities for Improvement?
2. What are your next steps as a leadership team? School? PLCs?
District focus: PDSA (64% "Yes" on 2a)
Now focus on indicator 2a. PDSA cycle(s) is current and authentically used to drive instruction. At your tables, discuss and record on chart paper:
1. What is the purpose of classroom PDSA?
2. What does "authentic" PDSA look like, sound like, and feel like?
3. Why are some of your teachers struggling to authentically use PDSA?
PDSA in Action in the Classroom (15 min.)
Heart of Classroom PDSA - Students Thinking about Their Thinking (15 min.)
1. Connections to PDSA
2. As a leader, how can I help teachers understand the purpose of PDSA to make it authentic and help students become metacognitive about their learning?
Back to Your Home Group (5 min.)
What is one strategy or idea that you will apply to help move classroom PDSA forward in your school?
EDs will collect.