8th Grade Graduation Announcements
Class of 2021 and Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
Lights💡, Camera📸, Action🎓!!!
8th Grade Cap & Gown Picture Event Thursday, April 22nd
On Thursday, April 22nd, we will have our 8th Grade picture event. Students that come for pictures will be counted present for the day.
8th Graders will take cap and gown photos.
Due to safety regulations, every student is required to wear a mask and maintain a 6 ft distance from others. Parents will be asked to stay in the car to limit the number of people in the building. Every student has an assigned time slot for their picture.
Please check the table below for the time frame in which your student’s last name falls between. Please come during that time frame.
For example, if your student’s last name is Garcia, you will come between 10 am and 10:30 am on April 22nd.
If you are unable to make it during your assigned time slot, please send Mrs. Tas an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to email Mrs. Tas with any questions or concerns you may have.
Graduation Store - 3171 Fondren Rd, Houston, TX 77063 has a cap, gown, and tassel in stock, same-day purchase for $38.50. Feel free to purchase your royal blue cap & gown from the Graduation Store instead of Amazon.
Graduation Gown Size Chart
CLASS of 2021 DRIVE BY GRADUATION PARADE!
8th Grade Graduation has been scheduled for May 22nd at 9 am-12pm.
HST will be hosting a drive-by graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 9:00 am -12 pm
About this Event
Congratulations Graduates! We are so excited to celebrate you and your accomplishments during a drive-by graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony may be postponed.
The ceremony will be a drive-by format, and will follow the below procedure:
- Graduates will line-up, in their cars (one car/carload of guests per graduate), beginning at 9:00 a.m. at the HST Campus.
- All HST Student Code of Conduct expectations and policies will be strictly enforced.
- Traffic will be directed so that each graduate may exit their car, receive their Completion Certificate , and then have a quick photo opportunity before departing.
- A DJ will be playing music, and a professional photographer will be on site for individual photos to be taken.
- Caps and Gowns are not required, but are encouraged. If you wish to wear a cap/gown, those can be purchased via the Graduation Store or Amazon.
Vehicle regulations are as follows:
- One car per graduate (The graduate MUST be a passenger in the vehicle.)
- Automobiles used for the drive-by graduation must be passenger vehicles. No semi-trucks, trucks pulling trailers, flatbeds or parade type floats will be allowed.
- All passengers, except the graduate must remain inside of the vehicle, and will not be allowed to ride in truck bed if a truck is driven.
- An additional member of the vehicle can exit to take pictures (preferably not the driver).
- Graduates will be allowed to decorate his/her car within reason. Graduate signs, streamers, and posters may be securely attached to vehicles or windows and must follow normal guidelines (must not impede driver's visibility).
We hope that you will join us for this special occasion, and celebrate your success!
Please continue to check your email for updates.
This Newsletter is here to help you navigate it all. Be sure to check back often for updates as new information comes available.
COVID-19 Safety Rules
- One vehicle per student
- Stay in your vehicle
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- If you are feeling sick, please stay at home