June 2023 | Olympic View Elementary School
From the Desk of our Principal
Happy June! It has been an incredible year at Olympic View Elementary School! I would like to thank our Orca families for partnering with us this year and the incredible staff at Olympic View for sharing love, support, and knowledge with our students. As we all head into summer, I hope that you have the opportunity to spend time with people who bring you joy!
During our last weeks of school, we have some exciting activities ahead of us. Please make sure you're checking the website and our Facebook page to stay up to date on all of our activities.
As always, please reach out with questions or if you need anything,
Olympic View Support Staff
Karen Bell, Communications Secretary
Andra Shelly, Principal's Secretary
Tracy Ebersole, Attendance Secretary
Michael Howard, Student Support Specialist-Dean of Students
Carla Hurst, School Counselor
Sara Lucero, Principal
General Office Contact Information
Office contact number: 360-279-5150
Office contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Color Run Fundraiser Online Platform Goes Live | 15 May - 15 Jun.
- Kindergarten Music Program | 1 Jun @ 6 pm
- PTA | 6 Jun @ 4 pm
- Field Day! | 7 Jun
- 2nd Annual Color Run | 13 Jun
- End of Kindergarten Celebration Picnic | 14 Jun @ 12:30 - 2 pm
- Last Day of School | 16 Jun @ 12:05
- Drive Through Celebration K - 3rd grade | 16 Jun 1:30 - 2:30 pm
- Drive Through Celebration 4th grade | 16 Jun 2:20 - 3 pm
- Summer Office Hours | 9 am - 3 pm until 23 Jun, we reopen on 7 Aug @ 9 am - 3 pm
NOTES FROM THE OFFICE
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We have several activities in June. Make sure that your volunteer packets have been turned in so that you can come to help out! Please email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering your time for more information.
- If you are moving please let the office know in advance. There is paperwork and other items that need to be done before the student's last day.
- Please remember to call the office before 2:45 pm if you are changing your student's mode of transportation home. On Wednesday please call before 1:45 pm. This ensures that we are able to inform the students and their teachers in a timely manner.
Ms. Thacker's class helping to test out the new sound system in the Garden.
NEWS FROM OUR NURSE
Reminder: All health plans and healthcare provider orders are good for one school year only. If your child needs a health plan or needs to take medication during the school day for the school year 2023- 2024 (this includes any prescription, over-the-counter medications, or inhalers used at school, during team sports practices, or after-school activities), please download the appropriate form from the district website https://www.ohsd.net/Page/2126. Forms may also be picked up in the office.
Warmer Weather has arrive!
It is with mixed emotions that I share with you that after 25 years in education, I will be retiring this June. I have decided it's time to join my husband in retirement and spend some quality time with my grandchildren. My career began at the high school level and I spent 20 years working with teenagers. When I made the decision to move to the elementary level five years ago, I had no idea what to expect. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my career and I am so happy I had the chance to work with the students and families of OVE. To experience the joy of students just beginning their school journey and getting to watch them grow into confident learners is an incredible opportunity. My time at OVE was not without its challenges - navigating a pandemic and its impact on students' well-being was incredibly difficult. However, OVE is a special place and I have been impressed over and over again watching our staff, students, and families rally together to wrap each other up with love and support no matter the circumstance. This is what I will always remember and I will forever feel incredibly blessed to have been a part of the good things happening here. Thank you for sharing your students' school journey with me. It is a gift I will always treasure.
Ice Cream Celebration
360-678-2301 Mon - Fri 08:00 - 4:30 pm