Roadmap to Learning
January 26, 2021
Schedule changes beginning Tuesday, February 2
Below are the changes that will occur beginning second semester - Tuesday, February 2.
Preschool through Grade 2
- Developmental preschool: Developmental preschool students will return to four days of in-person instruction on Tuesday, February 2. Details were emailed to families last week.
- 2nd grade: In-person learning for 2nd graders will begin on Tuesday, February 2. Students will follow a transitional schedule. Watch for details from your school and principal. This transitional schedule will be in place until our 3rd through 6th grade students return to in-person school.
- Kindergarten through 1st grade: Those kindergarten and 1st grade families that choose in-person learning will transition back into the classroom on Monday, February 8. Watch for details of times and activities from your school and principal.
- Students who chose to continue with remote instruction, will remain under the current remote schedule.
- Families will have the opportunity to switch from remote to in-person or vice-versa at the end of third quarter - Friday, April 2.
Grades 3 through 6
- At this time, students in these grades will continue with the current remote instruction schedule.
Grades K through 6 Special Education
- Students who have not been attending in-person instruction will follow the appropriate schedule above for their grade level.
- Beginning Tuesday, February 2, kindergarten through 6th grade students with IEPs who are currently attending two days per week of in-person instruction:
- Resource room students will attend two days per week at their neighborhood school.
- Students in special education self-contained programs will receive in-person instruction four days per week.
- The families of students currently receiving in-person instruction will be contacted by their school with specific days and times of attendance.
- ECEAP schedules were emailed to families last week. Please contact ECEAP at 360-563-4641 with any questions.
Grades 7 through 12
- Starting with the second semester, Tuesday, February 2, we are implementing a transitional schedule for secondary staff and students. This schedule moves the student start time for remote instruction to 9:30 a.m. As said, this is transitional as we believe that secondary students will return to in-person instruction, and when we do, our schedule will revert to our traditional 7:30 a.m. start time for students. The need for a transitional schedule is due to our elementary students returning to school and the necessity to align schedules so our elementary and secondary students who are being served on campus can be transported.
- Key points to the change in schedule:
- The student day begins at 9:30 a.m. All remote instruction classes will be adjusted forward from that time to reflect the current three-period day.
- Special education students already receiving services on campus will extend their day until 1:15 p.m. They will eat lunch on campus from 12:30-1:15 p.m.
- When a secondary grade returns to in-person instruction, all secondary grades will switch to a 7:30 a.m. start time.
- AIM High School students will maintain their current schedule.
- Watch for details of the exact schedule from your school and principal.
- As a district we are following the Washington Department of Health and the Snohomish Health District’s guidance. The safety of our staff and students is a priority, and we will follow established safety protocols. Once deemed safe, and all indicators meet the safety guidelines, we will begin the process to bring back secondary grades.
Roadmap to Learning Quicklinks
Changes to meal delivery - Beginning February 3
Beginning Wednesday, February 3, families will be able to pick up seven days of meals (breakfasts and lunches) on Wednesdays. Meals will be distributed 4-7 p.m. at Little Cedars Elementary and Central Primary Center. Any district student and family is encouraged to participate. The current method of vans making daily food deliveries (Monday through Friday) to district schools will end on Friday, February 5.
Those students receiving instruction in-person students will receive meals in school during the school day. All other students (remote and hybrid at home) will have the option of picking up a box containing seven days of breakfast and lunch at Little Cedars Elementary or Central Primary Center.
The meals are free. There is no charge for meals for children 18 and under. Students can pick up their own meals, and only parents/guardians of students can pick up meals for students who are not present. Students may not pick up meals for other students, and parents/guardians cannot pick up meals for other (neighbor) students.
Meal packs will be available through pre-order only. Order cut off is 8 a.m. on Fridays prior to the pick-up week. Each meal pack will include seven days of breakfast and seven days of lunch. Each meal includes entrée, fruit, vegetable and milk. Milk will be provided in 1 gallon amounts. Click here to complete the pre-order form.
Menus and nutrition Information will be provided online through the Nutrislice site. Special diet meals will be available upon request for students with an approved medical statement on file (IEP or 504 plan). These will be available for both in-school days and the seven-day meal boxes. To request a special diet meal, please call 360-563-7298.
Holidays, instructional schedules and food service
Monday, February 1, 2021 – No School
- There is no school on Monday, February 1.
- Secondary (grades 7-12) – Tuesday, February 2 and Thursday, February 4 will be Periods 1-3. Wednesday, February 3 and Friday, February 5 will be Periods 4-6.
- Food service will not be available on Monday, February 1.
Friday, February 12 and Monday, February 15 - Mid-Winter Break
- There is no school on Friday, February 12, and Monday, February 15.
- Secondary (grades 7-12) – Tuesday, February 16 and Thursday, February 18 will be Periods 1-3. Wednesday, February 17 and Friday, February 19 will be Periods 4-6.
Week of March 28 - Spring Conference Week
- The district has not made a decision around Spring Conference Week, but due to the uncertainty around COVID-19, we feel the need to let our students and families know as soon as possible about a potential change. At this time, please plan on this week to be a five-day instructional week (same as the 2020 Fall Conference Week schedule).
Week of April 4 – Spring Break Week
- There will be no school during Spring Break (April 5-9).
How to reach us
- Snohomish School District
- Website - www.sno.wednet.edu
- YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/snohomishschooldistrict
- Phone - 360-563-7300
- Glacier Peak High School
- Website - glacierpeak.sno.wednet.edu
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/gphsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7500
- Snohomish High School
- Centennial Middle School
- Website - centennial.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/cmsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4525
- Valley View Middle School
- Website - valleyview.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/vvmsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4225
- Cascade View Elementary
- Website - cascadeview.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/cascadeviewyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7000
- Cathcart Elementary
- Website - cathcart.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/cathcartyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7075
- Central Primary Center
- Website - centralprimary.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/centralprimaryyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4600
- Dutch Hill Elementary
- Website - dutchhill.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/dutchhillyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4450
- Emerson Elementary
- Website - emerson.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/emersonyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-7150
- Little Cedars Elementary
- Website - littlecedars.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/littlecedarsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-2900
- Machias Elementary
- Website - machias.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/machiasyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4825
- Riverview Elementary
- Website - riverview.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/riverviewyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4375
- Seattle Hill Elementary
- Website - seattlehill.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/seattlehillyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4675
- Totem Falls Elementary
- Website - totemfalls.sno.wednet.edu/
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/totemfallsyoutube
- Phone - 360-563-4750
- Student Learning Alternatives (AIM High School, Parent Partnership Program, Apex Online Learning)
- Website – sla.sno.wednet.edu
- AIM High School YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/aimyoutube
- Parent Partnership Program YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/pppyoutube
- Apex Online Learning YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/apexyoutube
- AIM High School Phone - 360-563-3400
- Parent Partnership Program Phone - 360-563-3423
- Apex Online Learning Phone - 360-563-3421
- Website – www.sno.wednet.edu/eceap
- YouTube Channel - www.sno.wednet.edu/eceapyoutube
- Phone – 360-563-4641
- Snohomish Aquatic Center
The Snohomish School District, in its commitment to excellence, places the success of each student at the center of all decisions and actions. Partnerships and strong academic programs ensure competent, responsible, lifelong learners.