That's How Butterfield Does It!
February 8-12, 2016
We are crew, not passengers!
I seek first to understand, then to be understood.
I take care of myself, others, and the environment.
THANK YOU CINDY GREEN!!
and the great bowling challenge!!
More sharing from Cindy next Monday - Feb. 15th - on our PD Day!
And - doesn't the teacher's lounge look AWESOME?
Cindy Green - - - again!!
Cindy inspires us all to take care of ourselves - others - and our school environment!!
We LOVE you Cindy!
I embrace a growth mindset that promotes my own and others' learning.
As we are working together to "surround" our students with our HOWLs -
we KNOW that developing GREAT habits requires constant feedback and support!
As you "notice" our students exhibiting positive behaviors aligned to our HOWLs -
let's let them know - using LiveSchool!
There is a HUGE payoff for Butterfield as we support each other in developing this habits - using LiveSchool.
We'll explore ways to make this new system better
during our PD Day - Feb. 15th.
I seek opportunities to show gratitude and celebrate with colleagues.
Great Celebration of Learning
Powerful to showcase each student's work!
Rules to Live By
We appreciate all of the teachers hard work to make this celebration possible for our 7th grade students!
Sharing and Celebrating
Awesome that each student shared their Rule to Live By!
Technology Progress - FINALLY!!! :-)
- Infrastructure - wireless updates -BETTER every day! :-)
- Chromebooks for every student - 8th grade has has them - waiting on a few contracts.
- 7th and 6th grade - chromebook contracts being returned -
GOAL: assign chromebooks this week.
We're ALMOST one-to-one - EXCITING!!!
(something we've anticipated for a long time)
Other "Happenings" - - -
* Mon - Feb. 8th - ACT Aspire Information for Literacy - 3 teachers attending - sharing soon!
* Tues - Feb. 9th- - Indistar Lead Team Meeting; School Board Meeting; Band Pre-Assessment Concert
* Fri - Feb. 12th - Valentine's Deliveries - handled by Jeanie and Lee -
lists posted outside the library - students will be called out at the end of the day to pick up deliveries in the library; 8th grade Honor Society - service volunteering at Parkview carnival in evening.
* Musical work continues - very exciting!
Daily "Happenings" sent each morning from JW!
STRONG Communication for everyone to be "in the know" and "celebrate" our school!